Solgt's "Sleeper Status" Build Thread

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Guess not. Market not in favor of truck buying for me.

The build continues!

I like keeping the sleeper look but maybe its time for some dress up by way of rims or headlights and KB emblems.

Want a new radiator but dont need it. Bushings for suspension or/and get coilovers. Which i think will be next. So ideas will be great for the direction to go.

Or screw all that and get a new manifold built and new turbo.

Thinking i may take it to Boxerfest 2018!

• 6 months later...

Why can't i post a new comment rather than reply?

Oh well.

So I'm in need a tuner. Please your suggestions are welcome. I want to stay local if possible to a tuner, but an etune might be what's neccessary, I digress. Md, NoVa, Pa maybe.

Oh well.

So I'm in need a tuner. Please your suggestions are welcome. I want to stay local if possible to a tuner, but an etune might be what's neccessary, I digress. Md, NoVa, Pa maybe.

I have experienced excellent customer service at IAG over the years. Jorge tuned my car twice (back in 2013) and Cleo tuned it once in 2014. Jorge no longer tunes there.

Cleo is still tuning there regularly. Junior usually comes once a month for a few days as well.

Oh well.

...another vote for IAG here. I had my car tuned by Cleo and it was a great experience, they really do solid work there. If I decide to go upgrade my turbo or go E85 I'll be right back up there to get it done.

Edited by Syndicate

• 2 months later...

I called Drunkmann_Tuning spoke to Anthony and we set a date for tuning. We did it in December after Christmas at Nexus Motorsports. Car made 400/430 on E60. Over all I'm very happy with Anthony Berry and his tune. He did leave with 3 maps in total; 93oct, e60, e85. The car performs flawlessly. Shoots fireballs. Absolutely just stands up and flies. I know it has been over a month but i wanted good seat time to feel the total impact of all 3 maps. I think it made 320/347 on 93. Can i tell the difference between E60 and E85? Eh....sort of not really because the we are on winter blend for ethanol so the highest content I've had is E76.

As a reference; Cleo @ IAG tuned it last year 347/450 E85. That same torque feeling is there but the difference in horsepower on the top end makes it all worthwhile.

Doesn't appear so but considering it's the 20g maybe they're really spinning that bad boy 21+psi.

Sounds like a good time to me.

20psi on pump i think, but 24psi on E85.

Sorry i haven't updated all the new things. There's a few.

The heads are multi angle ported polished

GSC springs and retainers

Kelford cams

Manley pistons and rods

Sti crank

Outfrontmotorsports V3 closed deck block

Id1300xx injectors,

1step colder plugs

Radium fuel rails and display gauge

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

Zeitronix flex fuel sensor and digital display

Aem 400lph pump