LegacyGT.com

No radio & heat tonight when I started my car

KimmiGT

Ok ~ i know there is thread here somewhere about this issue, but I'll be darned if I can find it. . . so I got in my 05 LGT tonight to go home. Started the car as usual, waited a minute or two since it was cold out before I took off and noticed that my radio and heater were not working. :( I tried turning the car off and restarting it and everything returned to normal. :confused:

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what is the problem and how should I fix it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kimmi

Hey Kim-

I too have read about this with quite a few people but have yet to experience it on my own (knock on Hogmeat's head). Everyone has said the same as you...turn car off and restart and everything works like normal. I don't remember reading that anyone has hit upon a for sure fix. Sorry I'm no help. Can't do much until a definite failure because they will never experience it at the dealer. Take care.

Mark

It is still ugly.

I had the exact same problem....but with some added niceties such as no signals, speedo/tach, locks etc.

Threw a U1221 CEL...Communication Error to ECU / CAN Error.

It was appearently a loose connection with the CAN connector at the ECU.

Check the connections between the ECU and Integrated Body computer...meaning check the connectors.

I would bring it to the dealer when it does it...keep the car running when you do...that's how the dealer pulled the CEL code when my HVAC/Rad crapped out.

Hasnt done it since the dealer looked at the connections.

C

Archived