LegacyGT.com

Need help 2005 legacy gt limited editon 2.5 liter

i have a legacy that the turbo went out in. is the turbo is a vf40 or vf52 i was wondering will a tdo4 from a wrx engine fit it. the engine is a boxer engine has the engine of a Wrx. if anyone has info on it hit me up thanks

It will "fit", but it won't connect to the Top Mount Inter-Cooler correctly. IIRC, the plumbing is different. The LGT has a "hard" connection to the TMIC where the pre08-WRX has an STI style TMIC that has coupler hoses right? If you have a front mount intercooler already it would work. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Let's kick this pig!

Your best bet would be to find a used vf40 or some other turbo from a LGT or 08+ WRX. It's not just a pipe that would need to be changed. Pop your hood, take off the engine cover and look on the passenger side where the turbo connects to the TMIC and you should be able to see what I'm talking about. Our TMIC bolts directly to the turbo.

The other turbos have a round outlet that would point towards the drivers side(top pic) instead of pointing up like the LGT specific turbo(bottom pic). The main issues is that there isn't enough room to work with for the conversion.

http://www.boostplanet.com/images/zilla20_2.JPG

http://www.boostplanet.com/images/vf40.JPG

Let's kick this pig!

I'm in the process of possibly getting another turbo myself. Blouch tech told me today they don't rebuild VF -40's IHI does not make a rebuilt kit for it . There is a company that makes rebuild parts for it but its not quality parts (not good enough for Blouch).

Try the clasifieds for a used Vf 40 but they don't come around too often anymore.

I'm looking at the VF-52 or FP 68 HTa

Archived