LegacyGT.com

Break Squick help

b_h_87

Hey guys i just noticed my breaks squicking ... and i live in alaska and its cold up here...so does that affect it? cuz i dont really notice it when i drive for a long time... ( squicks only for like the first 5 mins )..... so is that the weather?..do i have something in my brake pads?....help? thanks

Its the weather. When applying the breaks, the rotors heat up due to friction and since they are cold to start out due to the temperatures, the metal rotors will not heat evenly quickly and leads to small ridges which cause the squeaking. Once the breaks are fully heated, the ridges pretty much go away and ta-da, no more squeaking. You're fine, dont sweat it and enjoy the snow!

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 1 year later...

I have had squeaking breaks for the past 15k miles. It is an intermitent squeal that usually only occurs for about 2-5 seconds at speeds higher than 5mph. Generally, it occurs when I am slowing off the highway onto the off-ramp, however it occurs in stop and go traffic as long as I have some speed to slow down from.

I have requested and documented at the service department every time i have brought the car in for an oil change or other service. They have repeatedly stated that there is no significant wear and the brakes are operating as designed, resulting in no need to replace anything.

The squeal is quite annoying and definitely calls for something to be replaced if the problem is ongoing....

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

• 5 months later...
I have had squeaking breaks for the past 15k miles. It is an intermitent squeal that usually only occurs for about 2-5 seconds at speeds higher than 5mph. Generally, it occurs when I am slowing off the highway onto the off-ramp, however it occurs in stop and go traffic as long as I have some speed to slow down from.

I have requested and documented at the service department every time i have brought the car in for an oil change or other service. They have repeatedly stated that there is no significant wear and the brakes are operating as designed, resulting in no need to replace anything.

The squeal is quite annoying and definitely calls for something to be replaced if the problem is ongoing....

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

:whore: On everything you said. I need answers too.

Decided to try a different dealership....they were able to figure it out and covered it under warranty even though I am over the 3/36k.

Squeal all gone.... I think they just put a little more effort into cleaning them, oiling them and whatever else they do..

Archived