LegacyGT.com

sti 08+ undercarriage

Mathieu - CGN

hi all,

did anyone try to install the whole undercarriage of an sti 08+ into a leg gt 05+

we are talking shock spindle sterring gear brakes up front

rear crossmember assy multi link shocks hub brakes

would install legacy diff + hybrid axle waiting for the 6 speed

would go this route for brembos + 5x114.3 + eventually going 6 speed

anyone tried it ?

Sounds like a whole lot of work and money for no gain. Brakes can be had without the swap. Tranny and diff can be had without the swap. Suspension on the Legacy isn't bad with the right upgrades.

Buy a used SpecB and start from there. Or just do a 6MT swap with rear diff.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

hi all :)

from what i have researched brakes are easy up front but in the back you need adapter plate, special discs or special lining for it to work, id rather go oem all the way

+ 5.114.3 opens a whole lot of wheel opportunities the impreza 08+ has the same kind of crossmembers as the 05+ leg gt ...

but the multilinks suspension are way different

If you can't find enough wheel choices in 5x100, you're looking in the wrong spots. Yes, 5x114.3 opens a lot of unique choices for going herra frush but there's more than enough in 5x100. And you can buy 04-07 STi Brembo's F+R and just need 04 specific rotors and the adapters for the rear. Been done many times.

If you can't find enough wheel choices in 5x100, you're looking in the wrong spots. Yes, 5x114.3 opens a lot of unique choices for going herra frush but there's more than enough in 5x100. And you can buy 04-07 STi Brembo's F+R and just need 04 specific rotors and the adapters for the rear. Been done many times.

i have researched many times here and i still havent find the perfect recepie,

04 sti rear rotors

sti brembo rears calipers 04-07 or jdm

kartboy bracket

special lining for the hand brake

is this it ? it is gonna get pricy

You can buy the complete front and rear Brembo set up NEW from Fred Beans Parts. Cost is about $3000 total. Or you can find them used for about 1/2 the price. You either need a bracket and lining or the rear rotors specifically designed for the swap.

As for wheels, where are you looking? There are a million choices in 5X100.

Like I said, the gain from the entire swap is minimal. Just because you get the multi-link rear does not mean the geometry will work on the Legacy chassis. Might need way more tweaking then you think. There is more engineering to suspension than just "I made it fit".

My $0.2.

Archived