LegacyGT.com

Fuel smell, PCV replacement need input

So the typical cold fuel smell has started on the LGT. It got to the point where my eyes started watering the other nite, so time to get it taken care of. So I have to pull the IM, replace the hoses and clamps, also plan replacing the pcv valve, TGV o-rings, and anything rubber that looks iffy once Im in there. Also have the turbo coolant hoses seeping slightly so have to take care of that too well its all apart. Anything else on the top of the engine that I should worry about replacing or double checking while I have it off??? Ive already changed plugs and most maintenance items.

Oil cooler is also leaking so plan on cleaning/replacing that also.

Hoping to pull the bumper off and repaint the lower portion with plasti-dip this time, since the rattle can paint looks like crap after only 6 months, re-due a headlight seal since one seems to get water in it randomly, debating adding and ATF T-stat too (BMB wheres the write-up?)

Im going to be planning my work schedule to have a day and half not to have to drive the car so I want to take care of all other crap while Im in there. So if theres anything common or anything people have run into that I should plan on just let me know.

I love these cars, but they always seem to need some lovin'

Sorry for rant

You don't need to replace the fuel lines, just tighten all the clamps you can get to.

I bumped my thread "got some new stuff for engine R&R" to the first page yeaterday. I think there is a picture in there of the bottom of the intake and the clamps.

Just tighten them.

I just lifted the intake to replace the o-rings. But did tighten them all when I had it off for the short block.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived