LegacyGT.com

Why Legacygt.com SUCKS!!!!

I have owned my car for 2 weeks. Painted Grille, Painted Headlights, Cobb Springs, Magnaflow Catback, Group A Short Shifter, and wheels.....

Every dam time I come on here I want to go Stage 2 so bad! ITs so cheap and easy....but i keep telling myself this is my daily driver, and I need to jsut leave it be. Please convince me to stay awayf from stage 2....and from thsi dma tempting site!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I got 4500 miles on mine since I got it in january and Im itchin for a performance upgrade. Not cause I really need it, just cause i like to mod. Was eyein that DP yesterday now that I learned CT emissions cant sniff test our AWD cars Im very tempted to gut that sucker soon as I get money together for an AP

Every dam time I come on here I want to go Stage 2 so bad! ITs so cheap and easy....but i keep telling myself this is my daily driver, and I need to jsut leave it be. Please convince me to stay awayf from stage 2....and from thsi dma tempting site!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's not cheap, it's not easy, just let it be....there, is that better?

I'm thinking it's not the forums here that are making you have these thoughts....:p You just want someone to blame it on.

I too, was looking for my can opener. :lol:

I blame this site for almost all of my mods, I would never have been educated enough to feel comfortable modding my car without this site. Now look at me.... I managed to go a full year of ownership w/o any performance mods, during that time I visited this website only a handful of times. Once I became a lot more active on here I went from stage 0 to stage 2 in a matter of a couple months, I just can't resist, I will be at stage 3 by next month. Thank you legacygt.com for all the great ideas on how to make my car more fun;)

I got 4500 miles on mine since I got it in january and Im itchin for a performance upgrade. Not cause I really need it, just cause i like to mod. Was eyein that DP yesterday now that I learned CT emissions cant sniff test our AWD cars Im very tempted to gut that sucker soon as I get money together for an AP

I too love to mod. I have a hard time leaving stuff "stock" cause it's the same as what everyone else has lol. I like to be unique. So far I have spotted 4 LGT's here and ALL of them are bone stock and ALL of them are driven by women so I have to do SOMETHING to stand out to represent the men! :lol: Lucky for me when I got my LGT the tint and shorty shifter were already taken care of, so I got my grille on the way, got all the stuff to do my headlights now just need to get the courage to DO IT lol, tail lights getting tinted, wheels and springs soon-ish, and AccessPORT in May to go Stage I :icon_chee

bah! I was gonna have to get the BAN stick out! :lol:

I love this site because it helped me learn HOW to mod the car because I knew (as well as my husband) there was no way I wasn't going to mod it! So this site helped me figure out the best route to go so I didn't screw up the car. I waited about 10 months before going Stage 1, then 2 weeks after to stage 2.... and then 7 months later for Stage 3.....

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Please convince me to stay awayf from stage 2....

may do more harm than good unless you really know what you're doing (or know someone close by that does):

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83611

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85390

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84820

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84507

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83647

just bought a catless up pipe and downpipe and went stage 2. thank god ct changed there emissions program.

just bought a catless up pipe and downpipe and went stage 2. thank god ct changed there emissions program.

yeah I was under the impression until a couple of days ago id have to get a catted DP and such...

I forget anybody know if the 06s have the cat in the UP or not? Im a bit afraid to gut an UP for fear of sucking crap into the turbo...

^^thread jacker.

and 06's have the cat in the UP. that changed in 07

know anything about gutting an UP? I know gutting requires a long screwdriver but is it dangerous on the UP as opposed to the DP? How much do you gain by doing the UP could you still go "Stg II" leaving the stock UP un-gutted and in there if you gut the DP

know anything about gutting an UP? I know gutting requires a long screwdriver but is it dangerous on the UP as opposed to the DP? How much do you gain by doing the UP could you still go "Stg II" leaving the stock UP un-gutted and in there if you gut the DP

gutting the UP is a PITA. I did mine. I'd recommend finding an inexpensive gutted UP that's FS. and you want to make sure your UP is catless before you go stg 2. MINIMUM stg 2 is catless UP and DP or highflow DP.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Performance gain is one thing. Having pieces of the cat break apart and destroy your turbo is another.

my goodness. just get an UP. invidia's are CHEAP!! do yourself a favor, buy a catless up. it'll be more worth your time and money to buy one and swap than to remove, gut, install, drive, stop, remove, remove turbo, wait, not warranty covered, wait some more, buy new turbo, install.

Archived