LegacyGT.com

HELP! (DRL mod)

tito_b0y

ok, a few things happened after i did the DRL mod. first, the DRL's are turned off (which i wanted to happen, of course), then i find out the high beam indicator doesn't work, but the high beams themselves work perfectly fine, and as i was driving home FROM school, i find the cruise control indicator is blinking, and the check engine light is on.

now what i'm thinking is that i accidentally knocked a wire loose down there, which would explain both indicators lighting up/blinking, or i just need an oil change, which would explain the check engine light. but i still can't figure out what the problem is about the cruise control light blinking.

help. please. i'm going nuts.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

no idea, but that's what my mom's toyota does when it needs an oil change. but i'm already a couple hundred miles overdue for one.

i also tried plugging the DRL wire back in, and fiddling with the other wires, making sure they were secure. all with no luck. =/

no idea, but that's what my mom's toyota does when it needs an oil change. but i'm already a couple hundred miles overdue for one.

i also tried plugging the DRL wire back in, and fiddling with the other wires, making sure they were secure. all with no luck. =/

Have you heard about this new feature when you have an MT and are on a hill :lol::lol::lol:

j/k pull the CEL its not related to the DRL's

Check Engine Light. The little yellow light and flashing cruse thingy. It can be obtained by plugging a tool into the OBD2 port (under the drivers left foot)

Go to pepboys and have them read the code; I dont think the '08's have a built in reader.

ok, i went to autozone and had them 'read the code' and apparently, cylinders 1 and 2 are misfiring.

Definition

Cylinder misfire detected-Cylinder number 1

Explanation

The powertrain control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition

Probable Causes

1. Ignition system fault-spark plug(s), ignition wires, coil

2. Vacuum leak

3. Injector fault

4. High or low fuel pressure

same thing for cylinder number 2.

can someone make more sense of this? i was just hoping i'd knocked a plug loose or something. =[

can someone make more sense of this? i was just hoping i'd knocked a plug loose or something. =[

Yes...its bad. If it were me...I would take it to the dealer. What they will do is look at a few things and reset the CEL. If it goes off again they will swap out some parts. Thats the simple way...if you want the hard way we can cover that also :lol:

sometimes if the Cruise control light thing comes on, it can be bcause of the MAF sensor. try disconnecting it and reconnecting it. once you reconnect it. if it doesnt work, disable your battery and wait for 5 minutes after you stepped on the brake 4-5 times to draing remaining battery and kill all electrical powers. plug your battery back on and start the car up. let your car sit running for a good 10-15 minutes so your ECU can read your car air flow and sensors. try it and see if it works. i did that to mine and my car is better.

The cruise control light likes to flash when the check engine light is lit in certain circumstances. It will stop flashing when the check engine light goes out or the code is cleared.

Note that you can actually read the error codes in your Subaru without needing to go to Autozone/Pep Boys. The gauge cluster is capable of displaying both regular and ABS codes. You will, however, need to decipher/look up the code displayed.

Instructions for reading the codes on your cluster are in the attached PDF.

Subaru Code-Test Mode.pdf

disable your battery and wait for 5 minutes after you stepped on the brake 4-5 times to draing remaining battery and kill all electrical powers. plug your battery back on and start the car up. let your car sit running for a good 10-15 minutes so your ECU can read your car air flow and sensors. try it and see if it works. i did that to mine and my car is better.

did that last night, and my car seems to be fine for now. but my friend told me to wait after a hundred miles or so to be 100% sure cuz he had the same problem with his wrx.

oh, and thanks for everyone's input. i really appreciate it. :wub:

Archived