LegacyGT.com

best way to attach a badge to a mesh grille??

joedirtae09

Ive done some searches and everyone's answer to attaching badges have been 3M double sided tape.

Im kind of hesitant to use tape on the mesh grille, there isnt really a smooth surface area for the tape to bond to.

How have you guys been putting badges on mesh grilles?

I have a badgeless mesh grill. I haven't found an emblem I like enough to put on there, not that I've really looked. What emblem are you using?

If/when I do it, I think I'd use something like Gorilla glue (or possibly that 3M tape) and attach 2-3 pieces of rigid wire to the back of the emblem. Then fold those wires into the mesh from the back of the grill.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

^^ Got a link to that badge? Might spring for one here.

Glad you like the wire idea. That's how the mesh is attached to the grill frame (at least on mine anyways), so using the same principle with the emblem seems to make sense. It can't come off on it's own, yet is easily removable if needed or if you change your mind.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

^ FWIW, I tried the wire idea. I tried wire held in place with epoxy, and I could not get the emblem to sit flush AND level with the mesh because the wire was not flexible enough to be tied tight enough.

Then I tried fishing wire. It ripped out of the epoxy.

Just use the 3M tape and be done with it.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I used bluetack (On both sides of the mesh so it was attached well!)

A bit of heat from the engine settled it nicely and it was removable if needed.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/mrgnluke/IMG_0019.jpg

Archived