LegacyGT.com

Trunk torsion bars

Is there a separate set of torsion bars for the trunk for an oem wing or is it a setting with a clip or something?

My trunk doesn't spring up enough to unlatch itself unless I pull on it while pressing the trunk release on the FOB, which makes it a pain in the butt to open my trunk while my key is in the ignition..

I looked at FredBeans, but they don't list part numbers and only have 1 listed for each torsion bar...

http://www.trademotion.com/schematics/7/7523770.gif

I'm pretty sure you just move the torsion bars to another notch. When I did my trunk lid swap it showed the instructions on which notch to use.. one with a wing on the trunk and one without a wing on the trunk. Check out the vacation pics.

Could be a separate part number... wasn't clear to me from the vacation pics if there was though.

I found your pix (I think they where yours) but I haven't looked yet, I'm 2gb over my monthly data allowance so I gotta wait for it to reset in a few days.

How do you adjust it? The only thing I have is a small black clip with 3 slots.. I didn't see any other way for it to be adjusted.

• 1 year later...

Archived