LegacyGT.com

Aux input confusion

zx6rexx

I just got my 05 GT limited yesterday and I had been reading up on the Aux input solutions on this forum such as the Jazzy and Leptronic..I was surprised to open up my center console and find this sitting inside:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7295/img20111128114821.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5268/img20111128114834.jpg

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2816/img20111128114846.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My question is how do I use this thing??..I tried plugging my phone but I guess it didnt automatically switch the input when the signal came on because nothing happened. I even tried running a silent CD and still no luck..the CD just plays and I get no sound from the mp3s

Does anyone know what type of aux solution this is and how I can get it to work? I figured Id ask here if anyone can save me from opening it up and seeing where its running to but if all else fails I will do that

Think it could be linked to a button? I will mash all the buttons lol

Dont think this is part of the Jazzys kit? The installation pictures had the wires running into the console like in my car

Looks like Im gonna have to take off the center console to see exactly where this wire is running.. was hoping to avoid doing that

What did you use for a "Silent CD"? Often people are confused by the name and just put in a blank CDR, but it needs to actually be an Audio CD with a single track of silence.

If it is one of my boards - you should also be able to hear audio on top of a regular audio CD and/or the radio when connected to an aux audio device.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Thanks for the input guys.

jazzymt the disc I used was silent I got confused by that at first and the system would not load a blank disc so I made a silent one..is there a certain type of track it needs to be? I just made a disc of silent tracks

I will see if its a fm mod. if it is I will take it out and use one of the legit solutions because I hate FM mods.

Actually I forgot they were two different things...the FM transmitters ive dealt with were terrible. Have an 05 mazda6 with a similar aux input problem like the legacy and had to use one of those..they sucked!

Will try this thing tonight and update.

No luck guys...tried manually switching through every station the antenna could pick up and still nothing...also tried every button just in case they had it linked to something and still got nothing. Any idea on what this could be or how to access it??? Its weird that theres just a stereo RCA cable with an 3.5mm adapter jack just sticking out for no reason..theres gotta be some way to get to this thing..Might have to pull the center console apart this weekend and take a closer look if I cant figure it out.

Any thoughts???

There's one mod out there that requires you to press the blank section of the source selector, at the bottom of the round button. I believe you put to FM, then press the bottom of the selector, and it might switch. Worth a shot...

There's one mod out there that requires you to press the blank section of the source selector, at the bottom of the round button. I believe you put to FM, then press the bottom of the selector, and it might switch. Worth a shot...

Still no luck. There is nothing to press at the bottom of the selector it just ends up selecting fm or am from the pressure.

Its all good, I tried plus I was expecting to buy a kit anyways just hoped that discovering this wire would save me money..guess not.

Now I gotta decide which kit to buy..leaning towards the jazzy engineering one off this forums because it seems like its easier to install and cheaper.

Will update when I pull the console to trace the wire.

I found the solution and finally got the thing to work! Turns out there was a very small and pretty well hidden switch near the ashtray and lighter that I had to turn on and then manually scan radio stations untill I found the right one..Once I did the quality was actually surprisingly good and definetly on par with CD quality so overall I am impressed with the FM modulator..Still feel like an idiot for not seeing it lol..almost didnt want to say anything but I thought Id update in case anyone was following this or waiting for an answer

Looks like Ill get to save some more $$ after all!

One question, does it matter if I leave the switch on or off? For now I just switch it off after im done but shouldnt be a problem if I leave it on all the time right?

Yup, that sounds like you have the FM Modulator installed. If you leave the switch on, some stations will not come through clear until you switch it back off.

Glad you found it, enjoy.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived