LegacyGT.com

E brake handle

The rod in mine broke, so the button went flying and it no longer locks.

Other than cosmetics of the grip, will the e brake handle for other years fit my 1997 Legacy Outback? It looks like the hardware and mounting holes are similar, if not the same.

Picked one up out of a 95 Legacy, it fits, but the cover is larger (but mine's an Outback GT, so there are some minor differences like that). I still need to pull it up higher than I'd like, is it just the short cable that attaches to it that I need to replace because it has stretched over the 199k miles on this body?

Picked one up out of a 95 Legacy, it fits, but the cover is larger (but mine's an Outback GT, so there are some minor differences like that). I still need to pull it up higher than I'd like, is it just the short cable that attaches to it that I need to replace because it has stretched over the 199k miles on this body?

That's a good question. I know I made an adjustment when I installed my handle to make the handle not come up as far when I engage the parking brake. I had a stupid attack the other day and forgot to disengage the brake before I took off but it was only for about 50' but now when I pull the brake the handle comes up to my elbow and pisses me off so im going to take it all apart again to try and keep the handle down lower like it was before I screwed it up.

Archived