LegacyGT.com

Boost Problems 94 GT Twin Turbo

Hi

Having a problem with boost going up to about 6psi, then dropping right off to 0. Then wont build up again until i take my foot off accelerator, slow down a bit, then load up the engine again, and it will do the same thing, sometimes has a bit of hesitation at 6psi. The wagon was auto and has been converted to manual, Ecu has been swapped, And the wire the is supposed to be earthed, has been earthed, Any ideas will be great. Ive run out

Thanks

ahahha yeah, 66, i took it in and got a computer pluged into it, hopeing it would get me closer to what exactly the problem was, and it wouldnt talk to the ecu.. Only got live data, Guy rekons it could be a broken wire? Could this also make my code 66?

Allot of things cause 66. It sounds like you have have blown a solenoid somewhere or secondary turbo or something... 66 has been labelled "Sequential turbo system

No rise in pressure or pressure excessive (Over boost)" as well as many other things

You need to take it to a subaru dealership and have them take a proper look at it.

• 1 year later...
So my cars been doing the same thing. I'm pretty sure its the 2nd turbo now after the problem only happens when im accelerating after 100km and hour or foot down up hills. I got 66 on the engine check test, the nearest subaru place that will look at it are sooooo expensive here. They wanted to charge me over $100 just to scan it, so im glad i found out how to check it my self. What was the resulting outcome for any one who has had this problem?

• 4 weeks later...
Man you guys are talking EJ20R/H issues and the boost loss is def a faulty boost solenoid or a issue with the boost cut-over from the first turbo to the second. IF you swapped ECU's there could be a wiring issue like you mentioned. Sadly we didn't get the EJ20H/R in the US so not many of us know the exact issues you are experiencing

• 1 year later...
boost loss is def a faulty boost solenoid or a issue with the boost cut-over from the first turbo to the second

Can you explain what a solenoid is? My prob is that it cuts power sometimes like the primary turbo doesn't want to go. Also, I recently replaced my fuel pump with a Walbro Subaru 500hp 255ltr fuel pump and now other than seemingly to miss half the time, sometimes it doesn't start at all. The wee sensor chips for fuel and spark aren't the prob, it appears to have fuel going to engine too, but apparently the pump just shut itself off last time. Obviously I'll get a new pump but the engine light was always on before anyway and the turbo didn't always work before either... My car is subaru rs ed5 ej20h twin turbo 2l auto. Or my car

Archived