LegacyGT.com

Something Weird I Noticed About The 5EAT..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why are you doing 95 mph in 3rd gear?

I find that if I am going from a stop, regular sports or just drive itslef provides for the smoothest shifts. Unless you have mastered the throttle lift shift on the 5EAT, which few have.

But when I am on the highway or above 40ish, i always use manual mode, quick blasts on the highway require a downshift to 4th and mashing it to the floor.

I usually do it in sports mode...but the other day some ricer was messin around and said open it up so i did..and in third it hit 95 mph at red....

O an in low gears 1st an 2nd i can hit redline good with tip...but in higher gears its fast but slow enough to read when to do it...im used to the manual mode cuz that how i always drive it...N if i hear why not get an MT...its cuz my rents ouldnt allow me to...kinda ghey

Since when did 5EAT limit how fast you can go? Maybe I should say "oh gee wiz guys maybe I should back off since she's at 65 mph, you know I don't have a 5MT." :rolleyes:

Not what I asked.

I asked why one would be so concerned about their gearing in sportmode in a 5EAT when a 5MT can be had. If you care that much about it, the 5MT is a better choice.....oh and my mom drives and automatic!

In Sports Mode In 3rd Gear It Shifts At About 85mph(WOT) But In The TipTronic Or Sport Shift(What Ever You Guys Refer To It As)...My Car Shifts At 95Mph...So Dam How Should I Run My Car In Sports Or In Tip....

i beg to differ. in my 07 i would put money down saying that it shifts at about 95.

Better question. Why are you in a 5EAT if you worrying about these speeds?

in case you dont know...the 5 eats have a higher top speed than the manuals. our autos dont suck as much as the gear ratios are DIFFERENT!!!. 100% of the dumb ass people knocking the 5eat fail to realize that the ratios are completely different. we give up over all acceleration for actual top speed and decent cruising rpm's.

at 80 i am right at 2800 rpm's. and getting 25mpg. what are the mt's at?

girly girl question- as i speed up should i continusly shift gears from the wheel? How does the manual gate work? when can i use it? i can't stand paying for functions I never use.

i think the 07 5 eat is different man. the only thing i have noticed between manual and auto shift is the auto knocks out 2-300 rpm's earlier. still crack just a hair over 60 going into 3rd and get up to about 95 going into 4th.

s# full auto.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area that is very hilly. That on top of bumper to bumper traffic made the 5MT a very bad option. It's funny how 5MT owners think their cars are better. Different, yes. Better, no.

Edit: A quicker 0 to 60 time does not mean it is better.

Archived