LegacyGT.com

HID Kit install mistake

Blue GT

Just when you thought it was idiot proof I went a f***** it up:

Connected everything as per a few of the install threads and went to power them up, nothing. No lows, no highs no fogs, only parking lights.

I thought it must be the inline fuse....... nope fine

then i thought maybe a missed a wire, nope everything is connected.

Well so back to stock for me, i put one regular headlight back in tried to test and nothing!

what the hell am i missing here?

I pulled the headlights out completely and the support bracket wasn't back in when i tried to turn the stock setup back on, that doesn't make a difference right?

Crap no i just want to have headlights till i can figure this out.

key is on, went back to regular bulbs and still nothing but parking lights. Checked both fuses under the dash and they both look fine. I'm going to replace them tomorrow with new ones to see if that does it. I cant imagine what i did wrong to cause this.

well if he has the battery harness then he only needs to plug 1 of the headlight headlight plugs to the battery harness. Then cover the plugs that are at the bulbs so they don't short out. What kit did you use?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

So i found what caused the fuse to blow; One of the plugs on the harness had the pos and neg swapped around so the leads coming off the stock wiring were grounding out. Causing the problem, i switched it and they are now good to go.

Archived