LegacyGT.com

Forged Internals in an N/A

My motor recently went out and i decided on rebuilding it. I'm going to put forged pistons and connecting rods in as well as a few other goodies. Anyone have any advice or ideas?

Are you planning to boost that engine? If not I would think about it or go back with stock internals. Our crank is the same as WRX/LGT/OBXT/FXT so dont go buy a "special crank" ;)

No I'm keeping it NA. I just want to get more power out of it without doing too much. Have any other ideas?

Well if you went Forged internal you could go high compression which isnt very streetable or reliable. Or you could boost it which if done right can be very reliable and rewarding.

More Power will cost you big time for that engine platform which is the down side. Many owners struggle with the need for more power vs the cost to obtain it. Swap, AVO kit, Raptor kit, you own turbo kit may options just finding the one that fits your budget and power goals.

Search around for the few guys that have added big power in this forum section pretty neat stuff!

What other things could I do to stay NA but get good power gains?

If you have the money: Buy a kit or buy a Turbo Subaru.

The ol' EJ251/2/3/4 are people movers not performance platforms and Subaru engineering made damn sure you couldnt easily swap turbo parts over for more oomph!

My question is why are you so against a turbo or supercharger kit. No real power is to be had out of a 2.5i platform unfortunately.

I wouldn't waste your money.

It's your best bet to go sirricealot's route and just make your car look badass.

HOw much did it cost to have your car painted WRB looks nice on a Lego:wub:

I'm not against giving it boost, I'm saving up for that. I just want to know a few ideas I could do in order to get a little more zip out of it. My future plans involve doing a STI swap in it. Engine, tranny, diffs, pretty much the whole drivetrain. But like I said, that's future plans.

I'm not against giving it boost, I'm saving up for that. I just want to know a few ideas I could do in order to get a little more zip out of it. My future plans involve doing a STI swap in it. Engine, tranny, diffs, pretty much the whole drivetrain. But like I said, that's future plans.

Far cheaper to buy a GT or SpecB than to convert what you have.

Archived