LegacyGT.com

Oh my... Sticky dashboard quality program!!!

Got my letter as well.

I'll end up getting screwed because of my religious use of a sun visor when parked - only the parts not covered are shiny. But, the whole thing is sticky, so hopefully SOA will come through for me.

I scheduled an inspection for Saturday. The guy I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. Bodes well I'm sure.

And will they cover Dash Rattles? Mine is not know to be sticky - but rattles some - Once it's out of the shop I've got Dash Rattle Stoppers to install - but would sure love a new dash instead

got my letter a week ago. I had been worried over the last year or so that the dash turning to goop was a bad conditioner or cleaner I had used in the past but could never figure out why it was only happening to the dash.

Whew!

going in for airbag sensor recall and having dash inspected during same visit later this month. shall post back.......

• 1 year later...
Did they extend the dash issue past 3/31/17?

A user just had his go in the other day, and from the sounds of it, he was just under the wire - So I would guess, no. You can always try talking to your dealer and seeing if they will work with you since you arent that far out from the date. Im not sure how much leeway they have to do something like that... but you wont be out much to try!

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

They ordered me a new dash for free no questions asked!

Congrats! I almost want to go spray mine with adhesive and see if I can get a new one. I finally heard the dash rattle yesterday, but it has to be a specific temp out or it goes away :lol:

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

My 2005 LGT dashboard is getting replaced. It was just starting to show the problem, so I took it in just before the deadline. The service people told me they were ordering a new dashboard, but it could take up to six months to get here based on what they have seen. Not urgent, though, it is not as severe as the pictures I've seen.

Archived