LegacyGT.com

New Member from Southern NH

Bovesnh1

Hey everybody, my name is Gene and I'm a newer member to this LGT forum and I wanted to introduce myself to the NE crew. I've got a 2008 5mt LGT in the Quartz Silver Metallic. I live in Concord, NH and work in Manchester & Merrimack for a wholesale tire and wheel distributor. Have a good one!

Gene

Thanks for all the welcomes everybody! There is a ton of info on here, I've learned a ton already.

gf2020 - I got my LGT at Manchester Subaru too! They are a great dealer, actually this is my second subaru purchase from them, so they really took care of me this time around. The first was my Bugeye WRX sport wagon 5mt which I loved, it gave me 6 years and 165,000 before it went so I had to get another subie! The LGT was the obvious choice!

Gene

Fantastipotamus,

Hey I'll definitely keep an eye out for a fellow concord resident! I actually live on the northern edge of Concord in Penacook. Your Spec-B looks very nice with the wheels and front lip. What other modifications have you made?

I have some wheels and tires as well, XXR 009's in gunmetal(which are very close in color to my QSM) and Bridgestone RE960AS Pole Positions. I'm hoping to install some new sway bars from Cobb or Whiteline this spring, and possibly some new sport springs from Eibach as well.

Fantastipotamus,

Hey I'll definitely keep an eye out for a fellow concord resident! I actually live on the northern edge of Concord in Penacook. Your Spec-B looks very nice with the wheels and front lip. What other modifications have you made?

I have some wheels and tires as well, XXR 009's in gunmetal(which are very close in color to my QSM) and Bridgestone RE960AS Pole Positions. I'm hoping to install some new sway bars from Cobb or Whiteline this spring, and possibly some new sport springs from Eibach as well.

That's funny, I also live in Penacook, near our lovely Mcdonalds. I'm surprised we haven't seen each other. :) Actually, we probably have passed each other on Fisherville, having driven it like 400 times a day (feels like, anyway).

Not much, just an Accessport and tune by TDC Tuning (Mike) here in town before they shut down last year. My plans are coming along slowly, as I've got a bunch of other stuff taking up my money (golf, snowboarding, motorcycling, etc), but I'd like springs and exhaust first. :)

• 2 months later...

Hey guys here are some pics of my car since I did some mods. Setup now is as follows. . .

Whiteline front and rear adjustable sway bars. Front on the hard setting, rear on medium. XXR 518 18x8.5 ET+48mm matte black/redline wheels. Went with Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport summer tires in size 245/35R18. Fitting those wide wheels required the fenders to be rolled all the way around, but fitment is perfect now as a result. I painted the brake calipers black when the wheels were off for the fender roll, kinda lame I know, but I think it looks a lot better vs the raw metal color of the stockers with the wheels on the car. The last mod that went in were the springs. I decided on the Eibach Sport kit which lowered the ride height about an inch all around, but have paired very well with the stock struts.

I'm researching the Cobb AP now as I'm interested in getting a little more power out of the car. Can anyone comment on their experiences with the Cobb AP being in a cold weather environment like new england? Thanks for your responses.

Gene

1036305356_EibachLGT1.thumb.jpg.91908e1b76c195b8d1779a8af4d6f01c.jpg

9886848_EibachLGT2.thumb.jpg.05a0f1e51e3c8a8409dff8832fbb9a6b.jpg

407003497_EibachLGT4.thumb.jpg.ea6da13b23af6761f48666b3b9fe9d05.jpg

70940242_EibachLGT5.thumb.jpg.bd8fac758c72879068f8e8ffc97cc3c7.jpg

2047182744_EIbachLGT6.thumb.jpg.aacfbbee33dbaeb189cc65112c7902ef.jpg

I really like the wide wheelbase look. nice wheels, too! ...your car must feel great with the suspension mods. any chance you get good deals on wheels working for a wholesale place? ;)

I think I responded to your other thread about the cold weather stuff, but I ran all last winter at Stage 1 and had no weather related problems. should be fine.

Thanks! The car came out great with all those mods, now its driving and looking the way that I wanted it to be when I first picked it up! Our sedan looks great with the wide base look, you need an experienced fender roller to make it perfect tho. I lucked out that someone I work with was that kind of guy.

I appreciate you answering my thread question, now I have to go find it again, lol. I sent you a pm about the deal availability too!

I'm researching the Cobb AP now as I'm interested in getting a little more power out of the car. Can anyone comment on their experiences with the Cobb AP being in a cold weather environment like new england? Thanks for your responses.

I'm quite sure I've seen you around, now.. That car looks quite familiar.

I have an AP, have been running it for over a year now (including over the winter) and have had no issues. I'm currently running a tune from the now-defunct TDC Tuning, formerly located down by the old S&W Sports. The tuner of my car (Mike) now works in Mass though, still doing tunes for Alliance Motorsports, I believe?

Same dyno, similar time of year, about a year apart.

Before:

http://fantastipotamus.go-dedicated.com/images/specb/Dyno/SportSharp.jpg

After:

http://fantastipotamus.go-dedicated.com/images/specb/dyno2/07SBs1.JPG

any changes in mods between the two? or just a retune?

Mike works out of Sterling, MA...his company is Tuning Alliance, and he works out of ESP's shop, I think.

Just the tune.. That's the one, Tuning Alliance (I got the Alliance part right :)). It's very aggressive in S#, making it actually quite difficult to drive in traffic, because it makes you sound like a clutch newb.

Fantastipotamus,

Please forgive my n00b tuning questions, I just want to clarify how the process works. So you purchased the AP and then went to Tuning Alliance and had them optimize a stage 1 map specifically for your car with the dyno runs. After Tuning Alliance is finished they have that map flashed to your car via the AP and your ready to rock?

You mentioned using the S# button, how does the car drive in S and I modes with that tune? How has your fuel mileage been after the tune vs. before?

I typically cruise on the highway in I mode, and will use S in town. S# is for the fun backroads, accelerating from tolls, or on ramps. I'd like to feel some more power and torque when playing in those other modes, but I'm not looking to lose much fuel mileage if possible as I commute a fairly long distance to work everyday. Is it possible to do ok with fuel and still have that extra HP and TQ?

Thanks for your answers, have a good one!

Gene

Fantastipotamus,

Please forgive my n00b tuning questions, I just want to clarify how the process works. So you purchased the AP and then went to Tuning Alliance and had them optimize a stage 1 map specifically for your car with the dyno runs. After Tuning Alliance is finished they have that map flashed to your car via the AP and your ready to rock?

No worries on the questions front. :) Yeah, I bought the AP, downloaded Cobb's Legacy spec B map, and ran that for a while. Then I went to TDC where they used their tuning software and dyno to optimize a map specifically for me, and more specifically, the S# settings.

You mentioned using the S# button, how does the car drive in S and I modes with that tune? How has your fuel mileage been after the tune vs. before?

In S and I, the performance feels almost unchanged (I drive in S most of the time), with the exception of no throttle lag (aka the stutter). Mileage before was 25 or so highway, 19 or so around town, post-tune I got this over the winter, 27.9.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68719&stc=1&d=1243807756

Around town, I'm still in the 20mpg region, highway has definitely improved though. The 27.9mpg was a drive up to the Carrabasset Valley in Maine, so it was a tank of ~400+ miles, with some on 95 north, about 45 minutes in stop-and-go traffic on 95, and then several hours on 2-lanes through central Maine and northern NH before hopping on 93S and coming home (back and forth between S# and S). I am fully confident that I could get 30mpg if I was really trying (windows up, heat/AC off, 65mph, etc). :)

I typically cruise on the highway in I mode, and will use S in town. S# is for the fun backroads, accelerating from tolls, or on ramps. I'd like to feel some more power and torque when playing in those other modes, but I'm not looking to lose much fuel mileage if possible as I commute a fairly long distance to work everyday. Is it possible to do ok with fuel and still have that extra HP and TQ?

Thanks for your answers, have a good one!

Gene

Honestly, I cruise mostly in S# now on the highways.. I end up stepping more easily on the throttle to accomplish the acceleration I need because of the extra power (I know that sounds like a preposterous statement, but it's true). If you end up going down to see Mike, he may or may not remember me (I was the only Spec B he tuned here in Concord, so that may jog his memory), but he may still have my tune on file, so with some modifications, I'm sure you could get basically the same thing. :)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away. :)

edit:

your left rear sway stop secure yet? ;)

is this directed to me? ;) I can't tell.. :)

IMG_0225-2.JPG.9e135fcd398f7c2ad39dce5c5a087a70.JPG

...a little late to the party, but welcome bovesnh1. I'm in Manchester. Good to see another Legacy in NH! The parts guys (Mike, Mike and crew) at Manch Subaru are great to deal with!

Is your "fender roller" a former autobody man?

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Yeah, I repositioned your left rear sway bar stop because the bar was almost touching your tire. I was just wondering if the desk told you, and if you got it taken care of? just curious. always a joy to help you make your car better. hope my fender re-touch came out better than when jeff did it. ;)

Oh, you work at Ed Reilly then, I take it? If so, no, the desk didn't say anything, but thank you, I appreciate it. :)

And which fender retouch are you speaking of? Did someone run my car into something and I didn't notice... twice? :/

Archived