LegacyGT.com

Vehicle Dynamic (Tq) Control (Yes I searched)

sb427f-car

So the question is...how limiting and "debilitating" is it? I don't have it on my 05WRX and I always feel in control. Even in icy/snowy/wet conditions the car is very predictible (on factory suspension). Throttle on oversteer at slow speeds is very easty to countersteer and catch.

I hate having the feeling that the car knows better than the driver does. No, I'm not an F1 or WRC driver, but I do have confidence in my driving ability and don't consider myself just an average motorist.

The question is...if I want to step the back end out in a parking lot when it snows for the first time in the winter, will the VDC let me, or will it say "no no, you can't have too much fun." Has anyone come up with a tuning solution to turn the tq/vdc management off, or are we going to have to wait until people start playing around with the PROM # off the 08 Impreza line?

Thanks!

Yes it turns fully off, and if you hold the button for 10sec or more the VDC light also turn off -> The VDC is off and you don't have to see the annoying 'warning - VDC off' symbol :D

It stays this way untill you re-start the car completely with the key.

FWIW, I haven't had the VDC interfere with my driving at all yet. By comparison, the TC in my '03 Mazda 6 was a total pain in the ass, and almost killed me a couple of times by cutting power when I really needed it most, pulling out into traffic in wet weather, etc.

VDC did save my ass (literally) when I let a friend test drive my car. He wasn't used to turbos, AWD, or the road he was on (maybe my bad on that one). VDC kept him from totally my brand new car and maybe killing us both, as there was no guard rail where we were driving. :eek:

I suppose I might turn the VDC off if I was going to get on it and do some adventure driving, but I don't feel like I have to turn it off every time I start the car, as I did with my Mazda.

FWIW, I haven't had the VDC interfere with my driving at all yet. By comparison, the TC in my '03 Mazda 6 was a total pain in the ass, and almost killed me a couple of times by cutting power when I really needed it most, pulling out into traffic in wet weather, etc.

VDC did save my ass (literally) when I let a friend test drive my car. He wasn't used to turbos, AWD, or the road he was on (maybe my bad on that one). VDC kept him from totally my brand new car and maybe killing us both, as there was no guard rail where we were driving. :eek:

I suppose I might turn the VDC off if I was going to get on it and do some adventure driving, but I don't feel like I have to turn it off every time I start the car, as I did with my Mazda.

Good to know...thanks!

Archived