LegacyGT.com

Wagon or Sedan?

guisar

I'm look at used 4th gen Gts and have been vacillating back and forth over sedan or wagon. Is there much of a storage/haul space penalty with the sedan or much of a noise penalty with the wagon? Yes, I'm driving both but am more interested in the long-term sort of observations. I'm moving from a big van so I do like space but figure with either option (sedan or wagon) I can use a small trailer when it comes to bigger things or things which might trash the interior of a car.

Not much noise penalty with the wagon IMO.

I LOVE the extra room of the wagon. Comes in handy quite frequently.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have been using my 5mt wagon for it was designed for ever since I bought the first on in 1998.

Today in the back, it has one Blazzack, one new SpecB wheel and my transmission jack. Last week it had 3 Blazzacks that were mounted on 3 SpecB wheels. The week before that it had a tranny out of a buddies minivan. During that week it also had the big box with the double bagger for my sons tractor which was after I had 4 blazzacks and 5 SpecB wheels in it.

Oh yea, I left out the run to BJ's to do big shopping, not bad for a 280whp station wagon.

Do I need to go on?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

get the wagon if you want to build a nice sleeper...;)

its quite roomy and when i test drove 3 OBXTs here (2005)

they are not so noisy IMO...

i have an 08 sedan and love all the upgrades...i still have an eye out for an 08 or 09 OBXT...keep in mind that 4th gens are hard to come by because so many owners will not give them up

i ll sell you my GT...hehehe jk

you would be happier with the spacier/roomier wagon...since youre used to roomy vehicles...

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Some more, I have two 1" X 6" X 5' planks that I use as ramps to load the generator into it. It will swallow up 7 pairs of skis and all the ski stuff for the first and last trip to VT for the winter when we move into the ski house.

It's much better than a SUV.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

My vote goes to wagon.

I had a 98 gt wagon and moved to the 08 sedan. I miss the room most of all, but I think the wagons look better also.

I wish I had waited and found a wagon that I wanted.----wow thats alot of w's!

Is this the new wagon mafia thread? ;)

Whenever the prospect of a road trip comes up, my wagon is usually first pick. I'm glad I waited it out for a wagon.

If you do happen to go with a sedan, remember that the 05 doesn't have folding rear seats.

Is this the new wagon mafia thread? ;)

We're everywhere man.

Something to keep in mind ...

Do you care more about wagon vs. sedan or 5MT vs. 5EAT.

5MT LGT Wagons are pretty hard to come by. I presume they sold a lot less 5MTs in general than 5EATs. Though our demographic as enthusiasts makes us more likely to buy a manual, most of the American car market prefers automatics for their ease and convenience. In addition, people are tending to hang on to the 5MT wagons. On top of that, SoA quit making them partway through the generation. If you expand your search to include OBXTs, I presume you have a better chance of finding one.

But at any given time, there are approximately 0-2 '05 LGT 5MT Wagons for sale in the entire country.

If you are willing to forgo the 5MT and get an automatic, your options increase.

But if you want a:

- 5MT

- LGT

- wagon

- soon

you're probably going to need to get pretty lucky or pick three out of those four.

p.s. Mine is *not* for sale. ;)

Not much noise penalty with the wagon IMO.

I LOVE the extra room of the wagon. Comes in handy quite frequently.

went from an 05 wagon to an 08 sedan. MAN i miss the wagon.

hauls the dogs and does great at home depot. personally, i think it looks better too.

I have been using my 5mt wagon for it was designed for ever since I bought the first on in 1998.

Today in the back, it has one Blazzack, one new SpecB wheel and my transmission jack. Last week it had 3 Blazzacks that were mounted on 3 SpecB wheels. The week before that it had a tranny out of a buddies minivan. During that week it also had the big box with the double bagger for my sons tractor which was after I had 4 blazzacks and 5 SpecB wheels in it.

Oh yea, I left out the run to BJ's to do big shopping, not bad for a 280whp station wagon.

Do I need to go on?

^ Yes Byron due go on, lol

i love my sedan however IMO get a wagon you see sedans all over the place

get the wagon if you want to build a nice sleeper...;)

its quite roomy and when i test drove 3 OBXTs here (2005)

they are not so noisy IMO...

i have an 08 sedan and love all the upgrades...i still have an eye out for an 08 or 09 OBXT...keep in mind that 4th gens are hard to come by because so many owners will not give them up

i ll sell you my GT...hehehe jk

you would be happier with the spacier/roomier wagon...since youre used to roomy vehicles...

Wagon hands down...

Wagons are highly addictive.

I'm not a DIYer and don't do building projects, but I still find a need for the back of my wagon from time to time. I see no reason to be without it.

Some more, I have two 1" X 6" X 5' planks that I use as ramps to load the generator into it. It will swallow up 7 pairs of skis and all the ski stuff for the first and last trip to VT for the winter when we move into the ski house.

It's much better than a SUV.

My vote goes to wagon.

I had a 98 gt wagon and moved to the 08 sedan. I miss the room most of all, but I think the wagons look better also.

I wish I had waited and found a wagon that I wanted.----wow thats alot of w's!

I have a sedan and I'd much rather have the wagon now...

Wagon.

Better looks, and more utility. Plus it handles and performs pretty much the same as the sedan.

I have the wagon already - and I'll stick to it now. Only "catch" is that it isn't a LGT, but considering the horrible gas prices we have here... :spin:

I'm a sedan owner and I approve these messages.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Traded an old wagon for an '09 sedan and have had it for about the past 8 months. Went to the dealership last night and will be picking up my wagon today... missed the space and the look. as someone said in a previous post - wagons are addictive!

wagons are addictive!

I guess I'd have to agree. Seems I've had a hatch back or a wagon since my 1982 Honda Civic Hatch. 2 civic hatch's and 3 Legacy GT wagons.

Wagon. you can haul stuff one day and go racing the other. ultimate sleepers, and yes, wagons simply look better.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived