LegacyGT.com

"Saggy Butt Shims"

TRS

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

My OBXT has a saggy bottom & I have a top hat laying around. The top hats are the same as the Legacy.

mo

Yea, if anybody has a top hat laying around i am willing to give you a free HDPE spacer for your time. i would just need the top hat for a week or two at most (usually 3 days)

Shane

Yea, if anybody has a top hat laying around i am willing to give you a free HDPE spacer for your time. i would just need the top hat for a week or two at most (usually 3 days)

Shane

sorry but i just installed my springs on a set of Bilstien HD's a few days ago. anyway here is the rear top hat assembled there is exactly 3/8" showing when torqued to specs. hope this helps. bosco

IMG_0578.jpg.0a8f16b18522b340243749ae4d0e6b53.jpg

Stay Stock Stay Happy

sorry but i just installed my springs on a set of Bilstien HD's a few days ago. anyway here is the rear top hat assembled there is exactly 3/8" showing when torqued to specs. hope this helps. bosco

I think he's referring to the two strut bolts on top, after being installed in the car. Maybe we could get some clarification?

I think he's referring to the two strut bolts on top, after being installed in the car. Maybe we could get some clarification?

ok then the stud length (two @) for the rear top hats is 13/16" bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

yea, the two studs :D as these would go on top of the tophats like in the imprezas.

i think i see what your trying to do or then again maybe not :lol: are you wanting to use a spacer on top of the top hat? if thats the case then longer studs (they just press in) and you could make the spacer pretty much as thick as you need. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I think that this would be the way to go, versus adding an additional spring pad in the mix. Somehow, the thought of two extra "soft" components in the rear suspension, doesn't inspire confidence.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived