LegacyGT.com

Soooo I bought the Ebay header :)

The only problem is I have a 2006 2.5i

I've done a lot of reading on the site and also noticed the custom one which is in the process.

I'm going to get it installed tomorrow and it looks like its gonna cost me around $300, with a new high flow cat and new O2 bungs, we'll find out tomorrow and I'll try to get as many pics as I can :)

Wish me luck!

Which "the" Ebay header?

Don't froget to post before & after dyno results.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Well get used to the CEL and I hope you have a good exhaust. Other than that keep your stock parts bc you will probably switch back to it soon:eek:

Also there is a really good chance they won't fit and will need to be cut a fitted and you might have to extend the rear O2 sensor

It will sound amazing :) a far cry from the hmm of the stock config

Header is bolted up to the block high flow cat is being fitted.

Looks like we need to bend the header to clear the power steering lines and 02 bunts are here and were gonna extend the wires also :)

Here goes nothing :)

No need to bend the header, just tap the power steering lines with a hammer. I used a 3lb club hammer and tapped on the rubberized portion of the lines and it tucked them up nicely. They will easily bend upwards and then the header will clear. I hope you read this first!!

He shouldn't throw a CEL if his O2's are extended and wired up right, correct?

Yes his car is going to throw a P0420 Catalyst deficient code very soon :cool: You can blame 06+ factory ECU tuning for that, not a big problem if you don't mind the flashing Cruise light and no cruise control.

Anyway I figured they wouldn't fit b/c every pair i have ever owned (4 pairs total) did not fit they were too narrow.

Anyway you will learn to live with the setup or hate it, it is that simple :)

Header fit fine, I made a custom pipe with high flow cat with O2 sensors in factory place, eliminated the small resonator but kept the long one. 2hrs of driving no cel yet. Worse case could we do the resistor

Mod?

sorry crappy iphone 3g pics... :S

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/BGWAGON/Stock.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/BGWAGON/Header.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/BGWAGON/installed.jpg

So we deleted the pre-cat which is in the header and the cat further down with the small resonator after it. We used a high flow cat made in Ontario (very good quality) and mated a 2.5" pipe to the rest of the stock piping. After the Y pipe my car has a bolt on axle back. Oh yea we bent the power steering lines with a pry bar...carefully :) and extended the wires for both O2 sensors and kept them in relatively similar positions as stock.

Again I've been driving around and just loving it!! So Far no CEL but we'll see I'm going to take a 4 hour drive on friday and see how it holds up.

AND IT SOUNDS AMAZING :)

ok so, you needed to extend the o2 sensor wire, and did you choose to get a high flow cat or is it required b/c of fitment? I take it from reading the posts, it's not completely bolt-on, you do need other mods? I suppose the o2 sensor spacer will prevent the CEL?

for sure not bolt on. The header fits the block well, clears the engine mount. The hard part was coming up with something to replace the Pre-cat and the main cat. We used a high flow cat and I've been driving around for a bit and no light still. An O2 spacer would probably prevent any CEL's but So far I like it quite a bit, I'll try to get some audio up this weekend!

Again, which header is this?

And what is it that you like about it?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived