LegacyGT.com

Stcok DP Question

FoxHound

im selling the legacy and i have a invidia DP on it. i am selling that to a friend so i am putting my stock DP back on. however i remember selling a part off my stock DP. im just having a hard time remembering what it is called. i think it was the mid pipe. i remember the person i sold it to wanted to "gut it" am i thinking of the right part?

This whole thing is the OEM DP. [stole pic from an old FS thread.]

http://i43.tinypic.com/fegup0.jpg

Sounds like you sold part of your DP. You can see there's a joint there; the OEM DP does consist of two pieces. The mid-pipe is the next pipe inline after the DP, and doesn't contain anything you would "gut". Lots of people "gut" the catalytic converter out of the DP, so that sounds plausible. If you are missing a piece, you probably need to try and find a whole down-pipe, as they are rarely split in two. There are often OEM DP's for sale cheap in the Marketplace area.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

ok thats good to know, i sold the front part of the DP. the part that is furthest from the cat. any idea what that would be called?

There is a cat on both sections of the stock DP IIRC. The front part that attaches to your turbo is sometimes referred to as a "shorty" DP.

In the picture above the turbo would attach on the right and a cat back exhaust would attach on the left. Both sections contain a catalytic converter. As an FYI, the section on the right that is pictured above is NOT a stock down pipe.

More than likely you sold the part on the right as that's the part of the down pipe that houses the cat most likely to be gutted as a stage 2 mod.

Sounds like you may already have a seller!

Cheers!

This whole thing is the OEM DP. [stole pic from an old FS thread.]

http://i43.tinypic.com/fegup0.jpg

Sounds like you sold part of your DP. You can see there's a joint there; the OEM DP does consist of two pieces. The mid-pipe is the next pipe inline after the DP, and doesn't contain anything you would "gut". Lots of people "gut" the catalytic converter out of the DP, so that sounds plausible. If you are missing a piece, you probably need to try and find a whole down-pipe, as they are rarely split in two. There are often OEM DP's for sale cheap in the Marketplace area.

For a little more clarity. In the picture above the turbo would attach on the right and a cat back exhaust would attach on the left. Both sections contain a catalytic converter.

As an FYI, the section on the right that is pictured above is NOT a stock (OEM) down pipe.

More than likely you sold the part on the right as that's the part of the down pipe that houses the cat most likely to be gutted as a stage 2 mod.

Sounds like you may already have a seller!

Cheers!

Archived