LegacyGT.com

Mileage other 09' Legacy GT drivers are getting???

Just bought a 09' Legacy GT and was wondering what is the mileage people are getting on the car. I live in MA so its pretty cold up here now and I've heard that plays a factor.

Book says 18 city and 24 highway but I'm just barely getting 18 combined most of the time and I do about 50/50 highway and city, if not 60/40 highway city driving.

What are other people getting and what can I do to improve it possibly.....

I normally get 21 hot rodding around town. However cruising 80mph on the freeway I get 25.5.

So far this tank I'm at 29.7mpg. Trying to see what I can get. Only at 60miles of driving so far.

I should note, I'm stage 2 Cobb tuned with full exhaust and lighter wheels than stock.

I'm in utah. Temps have been between 30-40 on this tank.

I have an 08 spec.B and I get 18-19 combined. I am relying solely on the nav to tell me (this is a calculated value) and possibly have a heavy foot. Bone stock I got the same mileage, and have seen as low as 17.4 mpg while constantly seeking pleasure of boost. Currently stage 2 cryotune with catless dp and autospeed catback.

I've had my 09 for about a year and a half and I have kind of a heavy foot, always seem to get around 23. When I baby it I get 28. Stage 1 accessport tune with intake and exhaust.

Mines all stock I'm pretty sure except for the speed rated sports tires and custom rims. Unless those are normal on the GT. So something definitely sounds wrong if I'm babying it and just barely getting 18.

What is a stage1 accessport. I'm not very savvy with cars and customizing them? Are the customizations you did street legal?

Mines all stock I'm pretty sure except for the speed rated sports tires and custom rims. Unless those are normal on the GT. So something definitely sounds wrong if I'm babying it and just barely getting 18.

What is a stage1 accessport. I'm not very savvy with cars and customizing them? Are the customizations you did street legal?

I haven't really done many performance modifications but yes they are street legal and I haven't seen a fluctuation in my gas mileage from the modifications. I have gotten 23 combined since my car was stock depending on how hard I want to drive it! But I agree 18 combined sounds a little bit low and you may want to get it checked out.

I haven't really done many performance modifications but yes they are street legal and I haven't seen a fluctuation in my gas mileage from the modifications. I have gotten 23 combined since my car was stock depending on how hard I want to drive it! But I agree 18 combined sounds a little bit low and you may want to get it checked out.

I'm definitely going to bring it to the dealership and get it checked out.

What kind of custom parts did u purchase for your car? The exhaust and intake and whatnot......

I normally get 21 hot rodding around town. However cruising 80mph on the freeway I get 25.5.

So far this tank I'm at 29.7mpg. Trying to see what I can get. Only at 60miles of driving so far.

I should note, I'm stage 2 Cobb tuned with full exhaust and lighter wheels than stock.

I'm in utah. Temps have been between 30-40 on this tank.

Update, I couldn't drive in boring mode any longer at 120miles I was averaging 27.5mpg but after going lead foot I am at 23.5mpg.

I should note I am running 5w20 synth blend.

Update, I couldn't drive in boring mode any longer at 120miles I was averaging 27.5mpg but after going lead foot I am at 23.5mpg.

I should note I am running 5w20 synth blend.

5w-20 is a bad idea. You should be using 5w-40 year around.

My 09 Spec on Cabb stage 1 get's 25-27mpg on the highway, this past June following friends up to Loudon NH for the race, it got over 30mpg, they were towing the 32ft 5th wheel.

It's not driven around town much.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived