LegacyGT.com

How to remove B-pillar interior pieces

Phila

I have a loud plastic sounding rattle coming from my B-pillar in my '08 Legacy. I originally thought it was the plastic adjustment piece that slides up and down with the seatbelt but it turned out not to be the problem.

I searched the forums and couldn't come up with anything pertaining to disassembly of the B-pillar. Does anyone know if the interior pieces pop off or are there screws or something else that has to be taken off first?

The top part has a bolt behind the "SRS Airbag" badge (which pops off). Pop off the badge, then use a 10mm socket to remove the bolt (be VERY careful when you put the bolt back in, they strip easily). There are 2 (I think) pop its on the top portion, and then the lower portion has 4 I believe (all pop its). But you do need to be careful on the bottom portion, as the side sills cover up a very small portion of the lower b-pillar. Just go slowly, and you'll be fine. Takes like 2 mins to get them off. :)

Thanks for the advice, sounds like you've had experience with this :lol:

It just started raining here, I'll have to tackle this tomorrow. I'll let everyone know what the hell is rattling if I solve the problem.

Your information was great, zmarko. Everything was exactly like you said.

Problem is, nothing in the B-pillar was causing the rattle. I'm starting to think its maybe in the door or the door latch itself.

Anyway, that is definitely the way to take the B-pillar safely off.

Archived