LegacyGT.com

Tip-in Enrichment Question - Cobb ST vs. RomRaider

BlackGT

Tip-in Enrichment is a basemap value in Cobb's Street Tuner software, and up until I installed my FMIC, I had never touched it. But recently I was cruising around and looking at some of Mickey2005's maps, and I notice that his tip-in enrichment for one of his tunes (Stage 2.5, K&N + XO2 FMIC) has some crazy high tip-in values. I think they were nearly 5 times the stock value.

Is this added enrichment needed because of the FMIC, or does RomRaider use the cell data differently?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Can someone link me or briefly explain to me Tip in Enrichement..I do not understand (not even in the most basic form)

Straight from Romraider:

This is the additional enrichment during throttle tip-in. Throttle tip-in is the difference between the current throttle position and the last throttle position. This enrichment represents an additional and separate firing of the injectors. The larger the value, the more fuel is potentially added. Tip-in Enrichment is not active if the thresholds, as determined by the 'Minimum Tip-in Enrichment Activation' and 'Minimum Tip-in Enrichment Activation (Throttle)' tables, are not met as well as other undefined thresholds.

Basically its an additional millisecond of fuel enrichment added during TPS%(throttle position) change/delta.

If you change injectors(larger) you'd need to reduce the Tip-in by 'old injector value/ new injector value = %' Ex: 420cc/650cc=64.6%, you'd multiply the entire Tipin table by 64.6%, making the (ms) value smaller because the injectors are larger.

Tip-in Enrichment is a basemap value in Cobb's Street Tuner software, and up until I installed my FMIC, I had never touched it. But recently I was cruising around and looking at some of Mickey2005's maps, and I notice that his tip-in enrichment for one of his tunes (Stage 2.5, K&N + XO2 FMIC) has some crazy high tip-in values. I think they were nearly 5 times the stock value.

Is this added enrichment needed because of the FMIC, or does RomRaider use the cell data differently?

Thanks!

Jeremy

It turns out that the spreadsheet was made for the old defs. It was originally meant to be the same at low delta throttle and 2X stock at high delta throttle.

It never really quite worked out that well. I think the solution is to use a slightly longer duration tip-in to account for the extra volume. I'm hoping that will be added in next defs.

Archived