LegacyGT.com

My babied 07 Legacy has more rattles than my clapped out 01 Ranger

mikesae

My stock 07 Leggy with 21,000km:

The silver trim on the centre console, right side of the stereo is a problem spot.

I think the dealer did it when I had them install the underseat woofer as, ironically, I didn't want to break any clips. It's been loose and squeaky ever since.

Steering wheel "ticks" when I take a sharp turn and apply pressure to the wheel ie. "palming" the wheel in a parking lot. I've seen the recall that advises trimming the steering column cover- I don't think this is the problem. I think it's the turny bit with the long ribbon/electrical contact inside.

Where the dash meets the windshield, approximately above the instrument cluster. Rattles when I go over a bump- it's weather dependent. Seems to have gone now that it's hot out- rattle will return in the fall.

Persistent rattle from the ceiling dome light. Interestingly, it goes away in the winter and comes back when it gets warm.

Extra wind noise from the driver's window at highway speed, right where my ear is :( The other windows don't do this.

Glovebox rattle: fixed as per thread.

My 8 year old Ford Ranger- pretty much as tight as when I bought it!

Would love to make the meet, but I'll be working Saturday night (damned night shift).

Funny, I have a whole different set of problem areas.

I have:

An odd one in the hatch where the plastic from the hatch door rubs the plastic on the bottom causing a creak or squeak. Very noticeable when the car flexes turning into a steep driveway or curve.

B pillar or right rear door rattles.

Amp rack in the tire well despite first wrapping the entire well in carpet.

And of course the popular driver's seat squeaks.

My stock 07 Leggy with 21,000km:

Steering wheel "ticks" when I take a sharp turn and apply pressure to the wheel ie. "palming" the wheel in a parking lot. I've seen the recall that advises trimming the steering column cover- I don't think this is the problem. I think it's the turny bit with the long ribbon/electrical contact inside.

Where the dash meets the windshield, approximately above the instrument cluster. Rattles when I go over a bump- it's weather dependent. Seems to have gone now that it's hot out- rattle will return in the fall.

i have these two exact same rattles!!

the steering wheel one probably annoys me the most though, i don't know how to fix it at all.

the dash rattle is annoying as hell too but i think this should fix it, but i haven't attempted it yet

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10794

Two rattle free 05s here :wub:

Except squeaky moonroof trim on one :mad:

I know.

I was too poor to buy the sunroof edition :redface:, so I don't have that issue.

But the firewall rattle int eh 05's was a big problem and fixed under warranty.

Never had the firewall rattle. I had the driver's side dash squeak on my #1, that I fixed according to the how-to on the board (trivial and quick fix). #2 doesn't exhibit that, just the damn moonroof squeak it has (#1 is unlimited so no issues with the moonroof... but damn, I love the moonroof, really!)

I love the moonroof too... If I could have gotten that new without the extra $2K they were asking for leather, I'd be a proud owner of an uber-rare 05 un-limited with sunroof 5MT in white.

The only one made.:lol:

firewall rattle = upper driver's side dash rattle that originated in the firewall with some slapping/ vibrating cable. Are we talking about the same rattle here?:)

I had a Subaru tech fix mine.

I don't think so... mine required enlarging some mounting hole on the side and pushing the dash more towards the firewall.

Funny, I have a whole different set of problem areas....

And of course the popular driver's seat squeaks.

Mine squeaks when the seat is at full bottom, I managed to "fix" mine by adjusting the seat up a tiny bit from full bottom.

I also forgot to mention my clutch pedal squeak. It seems to have gone away with the warmer weather.

My clutch pedal started to squeak just a couple weeks ago too, now that you mention it...

But the sound can be heard loudly into the engine bay too. I'm having the techs look at that on my next oil change.

'09 with door rattles in both front doors. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL. I expected more from a $40,000 (CDN) car. Passenger door rattles from the speaker I think, driver side door rattles randomly. Sometimes I just WANT TO SCREAM!!!

:)

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

'09 with door rattles in both front doors. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.

Wife's brand new Highlander Limited with Bose system has several rattles from the door speakers. She wants it fully dampened like mine. :)

- mikesae - Thanks for the seat height suggestion, will give it a try.

Archived