LegacyGT.com

now me and the mad Scientist have to replace the piston rings you fried

Where to begin...

Buy a Chiltons manual for the car. A Subaru shop manual would be best, but it's gonna cost $$$. Remove the oilpan, valve covers, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, all belts/belt driven accessories, cylinder heads, conrod cap bolts, slide the pistons out, drop the crank, get some digital calipers, measure the cylinder bores, send the block out to be bored out if required, if not required get a drill powered cylinder hone from Sears, hone the cylinders, get the rings, put them on the pistons (New pistons required if the block needs to be bored), install the crank with new main bearings, use a piston ring comressor and a wooden dowell to tap the pistons back in, bolt the conrods onto the crank, get a complete gasket kit (With head gaskets), get a new timing belt, and the rest is a piece of cake........

If you're serious about doing this you should make a crazy EJ22..... Studded crank bearings, head bolts, send the head out to be ported (While they're at it have em' do a 3 angle valve job), oversized titanium valves, send the block out to be bored out, get some crazy H-beam conrods with some nice pistons and race bearings, get the intake/exhaust manifolds port matched, then finish it off with some big injectors and an MSD ignition swap..... Then get it dyno'd and let us know what you're pushing for HP/Torque.

Was that confusing enough for you....... ;)

thanks man well ill do that to my spare engine but i have to ask you i was torquing one of my head one of my head bolts on and thebolt snapped some of the thread is left in there any ideas on getting it out?

http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/may2003/techtotech.cfm

^^ Should help explain your options. Like the article says, it's an adventure! But, it really isn't all THAT difficult.

Good luck!

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

^^ Haha. Yes. I believe he did. Has anyone seen the newest movie? I hear there is some super-bad Leggy in it. Is this true?

fwd, LOL. Go Hollywood for making crapy set cars. If you go to universal Hollywood you can see the jetta and charger from the movie. Totally nothing cook about either in person.

In the first FAF movie the Charger with the supercharged big block was fake too. The supercharger was hollow and didn't force any air into the motor. I can't remember what website I was reading this info on, but I'll look for it.

Chances are that blower was just bolted to the hood with a little electric motor on it. Cost the production crew a fraction of what it would've cost to build a real blown big block.

Yup. Sounds like Hollywood. Although, if I were to wreck the piss out of a nice car, I'd want it to be fake too...

Archived