LegacyGT.com

2014 3.6r LegacyWagon!! Aspen white. 6 months project!!

Dumb question......Will the rear lip not fit on an Outback rear bumper? Even if the black "cladding" is trimmed?

I don't think so. Notice how the red reflectors in the sides are from the jdm br9 bumper... outback is very different.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d7ce89526daca388f7433e9438977ad9.jpg43bfb23ef351058c37d1e0c517679944.jpga91acc7d8999c2514049cee124a3c561.jpgc0cce1973bafc4ee58f9568277b5a366.jpg7979fb4156f58be539f04bb196d6fcac.jpg

Unfortunatly, the tires rub everywhere. They were touching the rear fenders... and front fender liners... I will try with the rce black springs later tonight.

Just put the forester wheels to test drive and its quite confortable as is. But too low. It scrapes just getting out of the garage. The rear has to come up.

58f919c93be61a85f837cd85c9effd64.jpg7f062759cb600c99ad157afa9d0b8374.jpg8509cc1dcc9959a8faddb2b3359bbb7c.jpgd831688c9888acd64ab4922918dfc063.jpg.

I can't imagine sitting 4 adults plus bikes!!!!

Have you thought about running spacers in the rear? Can't remember if you are running sedan or wagon springs. That might help with the sagginess in the rear.

Car is looking great though. Stock exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would need the opposite of spacers. Wheels are too wide and rubbing. Car needs to come up or tires need to go in. And it's rubbing now with a lot of negative camber. Those rays are 19x9 in the back with 245-45-19 toyos.

I would need the opposite of spacers. Wheels are too wide and rubbing. Car needs to come up or tires need to go in. And it's rubbing now with a lot of negative camber. Those rays are 19x9 in the back with 245-45-19 toyos.

Sorry, yes GTeaser was correct I was referring to top hat spacers.

What offset are the wheels?

Does this mean you have different wheel sizes in the front?

Yes. 19x8 front and 19x9 rear. Tires are the same size. Ill have to check about offset.

I will need tophat spacers in the back.

I need to find out what parts needs to be changed to correct the rear camber. Leg gt upper control arms are shorter so I think it will make it worse...

I'm really impressed by that quality body work! Nice to have more Legacy/Outback peeps on board.

I would swap out the springs first--they drop the car quite a lot. Have you considered the STI wagon-specific springs that are on japanparts?

Your tire size of 245/45R19 runs appx 27.7" (inch) in diameter. I honestly think you can fit that +30 and +42 offset rim/tire combo on the car. We are running 235/55R17, appx 27.2" in diameter, on an (overall) +38 offset wheel setup on our wagon with no rubbing. If it helps, I can try to measure out the fender/tire gaps, etc. on our setup to find out exactly how much extra space we have.

We are able to set rear camber at -0.5* while maintaining zero toe.

I'd skip the camber bushings--installation is tedious. Tophat spacers are somewhat of a bandage solution. I'd also consider that a last resort.

Here's the best pic I can find to illustrate the fender spacing...with bonus wife cameo!

We're all here to help, keep up the great work!

DSC_5417.thumb.jpg.a7dd0ebd3c5e3e1b93c7963b7435d855.jpg

Sti wagon springs are an option yes!! I could order for rear only...

When I got the tanabe nf210 spring, I was sure that they were wagon specific. When I saw bm9 stamped on them I was dissapointed.

I need to focus on my main goal. I don't want a race suspension. More of a luxury ride feel like a 530 mpackage would. The rce blacks are too stiff for my back. We have the worst roads here. The Tanabe springs are more comfort oriented. That's why I was considering keeping these with rear spacers.

Another option would be eibach 3.6r springs with rear spacers. Or the 3.6r eibach front and sti wagon rear.

Many options... budget is not the main concern at this point.

I was hoping you were closer so I could utilize you painting skills.

STI springs are going to be stiffer than 5th Gen RCE springs. RCEs are 240/240. 11-14 STi springs are 250/300.

You're not helping your ride comfort with the Bilsteins, they are known to be pretty harsh. You'd be better off with Koni's.

Is there konis that are not inserts?? I think I am aiming for a stock feel ride. After one day with the bilsteins, my back hurts...

I also was to try outback springs in the rear but they are way too long. I tried 2008 impreza springs in the back. A little bit higher than the rce but that will not be my solution.

I might go with stock 3.6r struts and springs. Or maybe eibach 3.6r springs with rear butt spacer.

I just ordered h&r 3.6r springs. Also stock rear 3.6r spring to test them on the wagon as the h&r might be too low in the rear.

I will be testing some 235-35-19 friday and I got a set of 225-35-19 also to test if that doesn't fit.

Got to fit those big wheels.

Have you thought about going with full coilovers? With what you've spent so far it might be the next option. I'm selling my eibachs and Bilsteins to go with Fortune Autos. I corresponded with them and they recommended 8k/8k for the wagon for a little softer ride. Otherwise you would be looking at 8k/10k. You also have the ability for height adjustment so you wouldn't need spacers.

My buddy has a 15 Sti with the same coilovers and they do ride pretty nice.