LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are my latest logs if they can be of any help.

any extra data elements I should request be logged from this set that'll help with adding to the conversation here?

Time (sec)

AF Correction 1 (%)

AF Learning 1 (%)

AF Sens 1 Ratio (AFR)

Boost (PSI)

Calculated Load (g/rev)

Feedback Knock (°)

Fine Knock Learn (°)

Fuel Pump Duty (%)

Ignition Timing (°)

Inj. Duty Cycle (%)

Intake Temp (° F)

MAF (g/s)

MAF Volt. (V)

Man. Abs. Press. (PSI)

Primary Ign. (°)

RPM (RPM)

Throttle Pos. (%)

Wastegate Duty (%)

Apex Vortex added these three in addition to the above

Dyn. Adv. Mult (DAM)

Dynamic Adv. ()

TD Boost Error (PSI)

Edited by SJGT

lol...need a clutch...mid next week now

but, the initial pull did overboost - however at the moment they're saying likely due to the wastegate actuator not opening and they didn't just do the "Florida Hammer" with out seeing it themselves - which i guess i can't blame them sounds crazy talk

sorry fellas, the suspense will have to continue

I've never been able to measure a gain from a CBE on the 5th gen, even when running 18G turbos. Nothing that stood out from the noise anyway. The stock system works surprisingly well and IMO all you need to change is the J-pipe.

Do you think this holds true with a TBE as well?

I don't understand your question. Holds true to what? The J pipe or downpipe is part of a replacement TBE given that it's the very first part of the exhaust after the turbo. Since the downpipe is the restriction, changing it along with the rest of the exhaust should allow you to see gains. If you upgrade just the downpipe, you'll see similar gains.

No, a high-flow catted J-pipe is worth every penny. You really don't want to run more than about 16psi with the stock cats in the way.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

What kind of boost are you guys getting with your stage 1 setups? I'm hitting 18 according to the ap. I have the nameless bpv and off the shelf stage 1 map for 93. Still waiting to get my catted nameless dp put on. feel like my car may be overboosting already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, a high-flow catted J-pipe is worth every penny. You really don't want to run more than about 16psi with the stock cats in the way.

Glad to know I was correct in getting the catless J-pipe last year. Didn't know how smart I was.

What kind of boost are you guys getting with your stage 1 setups? I'm hitting 18 according to the ap. I have the nameless bpv and off the shelf stage 1 map for 93. Still waiting to get my catted nameless dp put on. feel like my car may be overboosting already.

On my stage 1 93 tune I was consistently hitting 16.96 psi.

Fahr-side did say hi-flow CATTED J-pipe...:eek::p but hey its just the air we breathe :spin:;)

Oh. yes. I was never a good listener (reader). But I did put a cat in the resonator even though technically I could pass the sensor smog we do here. I added a couple of seconds to everyone's life in our town i'm sure.

Image1484940786.982457.thumb.jpg.374fc3632e80c912d37c6c531e636673.jpg

Image1484940952.114400.thumb.jpg.e36903aa0e625f92b882789c8da63bb1.jpg

Tuned to 17.5psi - discussed running out of a space from stock fueling so left it there-

We cut a few mm off the wastegate pipe to fit it with the flapper

Didn't get a chance to pull any logs on AP3 but will do so tomorrow

Image1484940776.287111.thumb.jpg.a35900bbd600245ddea268ac3e472821.jpg