LegacyGT.com

Wrx exhaust on legacy wagon?

• I Donated

I don't think you will get any benefit from it. You would be better off getting a decent aftermarket exhaust.

And your friend isn't stage 2 if he is still on stock exhaust lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
John. Stage blah blah blah is stupid.

But supposedly Stage 2 is a tune and a downpipe. lol

I thought stage 2 included a full exhaust system??

Either way...if stage two is that little modding...what would my 95 have been considered? A stage 19,432? trolololol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I always was under the impression of Stage 2 being em, and freeing up the intake and exhaust i.e. bigger piping less kinks etc, w/wo cat doesn't matter.

Anyway, is it cat-back or axle back? I *think* the wrx exhaust is a little shorter and slight modification would be needed to make it fit just like stock.

• I Donated

Is the exhaust on his car or sitting in his garage? If its on his car, he isn't stage 2. If its not on his car, then he very well may be.

Stage 2 = catback and downpipe. Don't believe me? Read here http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=2304

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

soooooooooooo far off the original topic..

You can put the whole stock wrx turbo back exhaust on your car... You will have to relocate the hangers on the muffler, axleback pipe, and mid pipe. You will also have to add about 4" of pipe to the mid pipe in order for it to reach the converter pipe.

I did this to a WRX turbo back system that I got for free.. It makes the car only slightly louder, slightly deeper, and slightly smoother sounding. I actually felt like I lost a bit of low end torque as well and a tiny bit more pull at the top end. The exhaust piping is quite a bit larger in diameter than the stock size, and that's what accounts for this difference.

It's not worth it.

Go pick up an aftermarket Borla or Vibrant muffler for $120 and have an exhaust shop custom fabricate an cat back pipe.

It'll cost a little bit more, but it's so very worth it. If you don't plan on modifying your engine (cams, head work, etc..) just stay with the stock 2.25" tubing diameter.

• 1 year later...

This all is as about as difficult as if you were to take these exhaust and fab things so they fit the car you desire.

For someone without metal working tools and a welder ... could be pretty difficult

for someone with this stuff but is also dumb.... still pretty hard

for someone who has it and knows how to use it.... as long and difficult as it takes just to do the work.

I feel like you'd guy would be better off getting a muffler and doing your own thing.

Archived