LegacyGT.com

2007/2008 Legacy GT AccessPORT Updates...

Christian.

Since some of the other threads have been taken over I thought I would start a thread that would allow us to openly communicate with you about these calibrations, the AP release dates, power numbers, etc. This information is difficult to get published quickly and I am super busy with projects at the shop but I will do my best to keep you guys updated...that is if the conversation stays to the topic :rolleyes:

We have started a more technical thread on our forums addressing specific driveability concerns for the 2007/2008 LGT owners, you are welcome to chime in there if you would like. I will do what I can to get you guys some baseline 2007 LGT vs. 2008 LGT, AT vs. MT, stock vs. tuned, etc. dyno graphs so that we can begin the education/information process. I am happy to address your concerns from here.

Take care,

Christian.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an 07 LGT AT, during WOT conditions, the car short shifts. It will not run each gear up to redline, even when driving in the manual shift mode. Will your AP provide a way to hold the trans in gear until I shift out?

BTW, I have the AP Ver.2 and DP on my 06 WRX MT, it works fantastic. I am really anticipating the AP release for the 07+LGT.

I have an 07 LGT AT, during WOT conditions, the car short shifts. It will not run each gear up to redline, even when driving in the manual shift mode. Will your AP provide a way to hold the trans in gear until I shift out?

BTW, I have the AP Ver.2 and DP on my 06 WRX MT, it works fantastic. I am really anticipating the AP release for the 07+LGT.

they can't fix that issue. the tcu controls shift points. my 07 5eat is ecuteked. it shifts at 6500

Not going to register on the other board for comments, so I'll chip in here:

My 2008 LGT has been relatively stutter-free, but there is some of that 2nd gear jerkiness others talk about. Especially when engine braking down a hill, even touching the pedal in 2nd gear causes some jerk.

I think some 2007 owners have logged data and seen very lean conditions, so that may be something to look at.

Can't wait for you guys to come out with a tune. Major bonus points if you make creative use of the si-drive capabilities.

short shifts how? the last 300rpm? if so, mine does that too. shifts at 60 then around 95 even with "short" shifting. the only times i have had it really short shift (88mph) was with the ac on.

i thought hope manually shifted it...

my redline is 7200. with the IPT VB and sport "d" mode, it shifts very, very firm and quickly but at 6500. I don't shift as firm on manual mode, but i've got the shifting down pretty well when I want her to shift quickly.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

car will shift at supposed redline. aklgt shifts at 7ktpm on her 5eat. it CAN be changed.

not on the 07. 05-06 tcu will let you bounce off the rev limiter. 07 tcu wont let you. ecutek spent hours on my car trying. since your the expert on the CANbus, maybe you should produce your own reflash

Thank you all, this information is very helpful. We will do everything we can to address this initial set of reported issues with the stock vehicles. I would like to get up some dyno tests from various stock 2007-2008 LGTs so you guys can get an idea of what the power curves look like in stock form. Please take into account the different gear/final drive ratios of the various vehicle, this fact makes a direct comparison of a 5MT, 5EAT, 6MT (and older LGTs) difficult to do.

We have accomplished a major step recently; we have updated the firmware on the AP so that the communication with the newer CAN vehicles is possible. I have captured some screen shots for you to view, see below. We have made several improvements to the device including a quicker boot-up, more detailed MIL description, faster menu operation, better graphics, etc. This new AP firmware, v1.1.1.1, is being programmed on the APs we are shipping as I type this and it should be released to the public later this week. I would greatly appreciate it if some of the current AP users could give their feedback with how this new firmware performs for them since the 2007-2008 LGT APs will use this firmware. We would like to make sure we address all concerns with the new firmware and new GUI (Graphical User Interface) before we establish a release date for the 2007-2008 LGT APs. As of right now, we would still like to complete additional Beta testing with local vehicles before we Beta test with LGT owners from out of state. Both of these Beta testing periods will be several weeks long, as soon as we feel comfortable with an ETA I will be sure to post this information here. I will be sure to post an update asking for volunteers when the time is appropriate (please do not volunteer right now, the e-mails will just be deleted).

Please keep the feedback coming.

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=782&d=1187802216

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=783&d=1187802227

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=784&d=1187802234

Thanks,

Christian.

Archived