LegacyGT.com

If Subaru Really wants to be though of as premium

...then they will have to copy what Ford err,, Mazda has already done

What's so hard about replacing two dangling items with one integated one?

QFT, that's the only thing about Mazda6's that I like over mine

... true, but isn't copying the sincerest form of flattery (or something like that) and a good idea is Still a good idea.

Switchblade keys sometimes are a blessing and sometimes a curse. Like, if the key breaks off in the ignition, you need a pair of needle nose plyers to get the key out. Then you have to order a new one from the stealership ($99 bucks) then $20 if you less than intelligent and let them charge you for cutting the key. So yes they're nice but I've only got 3 keys on my Legacy keychain and I don't mind it.

I like the legacy keys over the impreza ones that's for sure.

I kind of wish they would go with Mazdaspeed's keyless ignition. just the proximity of the key allows the engine to start... and the doors unlock when you approach. my wife liked that idea for not having to fiddle with her purse, to get her keys out, with her hands otherwise full.

Good idea, but I can't help but wonder if it is vulnerable. probably no less than a cloned PATS key, I suppose.

There are more posts about key fobs on this site than any other car forum I've ever seen.

Probably because people like me are sick of being stabbed in the leg by that big, dumb Subaru key, and don't get me started on the over-sensitivity of the remote. If I had a nickle for everytime I found my trunk popped after work...

Anyway, the Mazda key is super awsome.

Probably because people like me are sick of being stabbed in the leg by that big, dumb Subaru key, and don't get me started on the over-sensitivity of the remote. If I had a nickle for everytime I found my trunk popped after work...

Anyway, the Mazda key is super awsome.

Wasn't there a dealer fix for the 05 key fob? The buttons on the 06 fob require a definite push to activate.

I recently asked my dealer (Subaru of Gwinnett, GA) about the 05 key fob fix and they couldn't find anything in the service bulletins. They gave me a new fob free, but it's still as trigger happy as the original. By the way, I'm doing the Mazda Zoom Zoom Live event this Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

I kind of wish they would go with Mazdaspeed's keyless ignition. just the proximity of the key allows the engine to start... and the doors unlock when you approach. my wife liked that idea for not having to fiddle with her purse, to get her keys out, with her hands otherwise full.

Good idea, but I can't help but wonder if it is vulnerable. probably no less than a cloned PATS key, I suppose.

Sounds a good idea at first, but how would you ever know if your car was really locked ?

you walk away and the car is supposed to lock, but if you walk back to check, then it unlocks again :lol:

Leave your keys on the sidewalk 20 feet away, then go check ?

Archived