LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

Hello i have a friend with a 05 Lgt 5EAT, his transmission just start to slip some months ago he bought another transmission but the new one keep acting strage, the vendor say him it is a 06 transmission and he need a 06 TCU, quiestions are:

are 05 and 06 transmission really diferent?

are 05 and 06 TCU pin compatible?

05 and 06 are different. Search for doccrowley, I believe, who TRIED and TRIED to make them work, and finally gave up. Unless your friend wants to spend lots and lots of time and effort, you're probably better off getting an 05 5EAT. Sorry :icon_cry:

cant believe people are so embarrassed to have 5 eats these days and saying "its my friend's"

I have a 5EAT wagon and I'm in love with it, I just bought my friend slippery 05 transmission to take the valve body and send it to ClimberD.

In the case of my friend Is worst that I think, he car break the turbo and he can't power on the car to see the tranny error code.

• 4 weeks later...

recenty, i've been feeling a wobble/shake in the driveline under WOT/hard acceleration. The steering wheel doesn't shake, I can feel the car "wobbling" in the driveline. It's not every time I WOT, but seems to be somewhat often. Could this be torque converter related?

I did just recently have my front driver's side axle replaced, but I would have thought a screw up there would be noticeable at all speeds/accelerations. the new feeling storta started after this, which points to it being related to when it was in that shop.

I dont think torque converter,

Does it do it during shifts? Or while pulling through the gears? Or both ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

pulling though gears. my shifts are pretty quick due to the hexmods VB, so I can't tell there. however, it continued to make the feeling when I started a 2nd gear pull and pulled through 3rd gear, so it didn't seem gear dependent.

when I got the car back from the axle replacement, the NVH while sitting in Drive at a stop light seemed to be much higher, initially. I've got hardened mounts (Group N) on the pitch stop and engine mounts, so it was always a little high in NVH, but it seemed to be worse right after I got the car back (shaking the whole dash). that seems to have faded somewhat, but this wobble remains.

could be defect in the axles where part of the tri pot is twisting under load and going out of balance ..

double check the axles are seated all the way in ,, if there is a oil leak it would mean its not sitting properly

Edited by frank_ster

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

If any of you '08 / '09 guys are interested, the Calculated Torque tables have been uncovered in your ROMs. On the 5th gens, which have a very similar (if not identical) trans, this is very helpful. This parameter tells the TCU how much torque to expect from the engine. In combination with proper tuning of the Requested Torque tables, the response from the TCU seems to modify line pressure. In testing we're seeing much faster shifts, like 20~30%, in the logs. Shift feel is much firmer. Anyone who wants to play with this could post their CALID so a full definition could be made for them. I'm quite willing to supply some tables that we're using on 18G cars at the 350ft/lb mark.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Any experience with the 07 tribeca trans tuning? Some shifts feel very soft and an occasional chatter shifting from 2nd. Nothing sport mode doesn't fix. But a revised tune couldn't hurt to keep things in line.

Rare as unicorn poop here. I bet they have the same logic though.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Maybe this is an issue in the lgt as well, my real concern is when taking off from a stop it feels like the trans is slipping or the torque converter isn't working properly. But I don't drive it daily daily and. The wife hasn't complained about it. But then again she doesn't even know the sport mode is there so...

Done hundreds of the H6 autos including turbo and supercharged and even just regular soccer mum cars

Same logic. I actually found the Calc Torque tables and defined them plus the cylinder fill tables to help the autos

So you actually can tune up the 5EAT Tcu?

It's not tuning TCU parameters. You increase Requested and Calculated Torque values spat out by the ECU to let the TCU know more torque is coming. The TCU responds by raising line pressure to firm up shifts.

So like this thread....:rolleyes:

Only multiply by 1.27. anything over a 408 value doesn't work.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tune-5eat-line-pressure-149282.html

IRRC this doesn't work on 08+

We thought that about the 5th gen models, until we found another table which sets maximum RT by rpm. Once you raise the limits in there, it's possible to raise RT all the way to 512.

Changing RT helps a lot, and seems to increase line pressure and shift points slightly as well. Changing CT is less obvious but in logs you can see the time taken to shift drops significantly, and revs drop immediately and no 'floating' around. Subjectively the shifts are firmer. YMMV and all that.