LegacyGT.com

Is the USB just for charging purposes I'm assuming? It's a good idea since everything these days uses USB. I don't know how I feel about the electrical plug though, maybe it is just the hideous color of it. Paint it black to blend in.

I LOVE your gauges though dude!

Are you going to explain what all these things do? Your thread title/body is lacking some information.

Do the USB ports charge, or do you have like a computer in your car?

What's with the power outlet?

So what do the switches do?

ya swap the socket out to black or your passengers might giggle a bit at your craftiness.

its a nice idea,

i got a usb with my alpine deck and i only really need to charge one device at a time(phone), as far as the 110v i dont have a laptop and idk what else i would power in my car?

what do those switches do? are they only to control the usb power?

you could install some actual guages if you want to dress up your car like an oil pressure gauge or something...

your teams name is team Lag lol

so your best bet would be to install a 7" vga touchscreen in our double din and then use those usb ports as a hub for it for Wifi/ HDTV antenna (get few local channels) and have some cords run through the dash to let you plug a laptop in. Something I want to do but cant justify and dont think i should have a computer when im driving manual

ha. yea. all this didnt cost me that much. i picked up the inverter for 15 bucks in a 24 hour sale on newegg. and a went and bought a white outlet before i had even read this thread casue i know it looks out of place, i may paint the out side of the outlet black and leave the plug part white. i like white. cause it stands out.and it glows blue at night with the dome lights being changed to blue leds. i have decided i am just gonna make my looks nice and work well. in stead of going down the rally path. this means i need to do alot of restoreing to the chassis of the car. a project i dont mind and most people just say to buy a newer car. will i buy a car for 3k around these parts it will still have rust. or i put 3 grand into my car...a lot more fun i think.

as for the usb ports. its just a hub that is taking apart that i found. like a 5 dollar hub. and it is pluged into a car-outlet to usb adapter back behide the panels. its a tight fit but its fun and looks pretty clean i think. its not centered cause of the way its built. if you wacthed me build it you would know why.

the swicths. they can be for what ever

one turns fwd on and off to save the life of the center diff. i run fwd in the summer.

could be for turning on and off the inverter

could turn off and on a set of lights if i ever add them

could turn on and off an amp if the amp does not have the auto power feature

could be for my ant becasue its always up even when my radios on aux.

could be for under glow. haha

could be for a cb

could be for anything that you want the control over.

the push button in front i want to be for push button starting. im weird like that. just need to do a wire hunt.

I like the USB charger idea, and even the outlet. I use my netbook everytime i drive more then maybe an hour as an mp3 player for the drive and as a computer when i get there so i use an inverter. If you could match the colour it'd be cool tho.

I'm sorry but this is GHETTO why on earth do you need U.S.B. and home electrical outlets in your car?

And are you gauges Made for your car? Whats up with the check engine oil and airbag light in the gauge?

That shit isn't Ghetto. Thats outlet is Redneckish. lol. I would hav never thought to do that. LMAO! Does it work?

I like the switch for FWD but I'd place it on the cluster surround around fog light switch.

The idea is great, placement of the outlets is not. That has ghetto, redneck and most definately gaudy written all over this but hey it's your car. This is coming from someone who liked your trim painting.

Next time just explain in first post what and why you did it.

ya im also looking to hookup my netbook so the hub and everything could be functional

its just people who dont need any of this car are gonna criticize, My eventual plans will include a car computer so your ideas make good sense to me!,

If your gonna go with the white outlet, you should paint in the same colour as your Trim! for a nice looking matching interior, that would be good!

the outlet is white. i went to ace the same day and changed it out. everything works. there wires going to the trunk to for an outlet. just gotta find a spot.

and the usb ports could be easily hooked to a carputer. thats the plan if i ever do.

next time im at ace im pick of a black back face plate.

ill have picks of the whole car when done painting. just gonna use a single stage. and its gonna be white i think.

how much is a gallon of singe stage paint cost.

its like 130 at napa for dark blue. and 130 for white or black. is this a rip off?

Archived