LegacyGT.com

Cylinder 2 Misfire Code

Razor

• 4 weeks later...

Morbane what was it in the end?

Also, I seem to be able to clear the rough idle when it happends if i Rev the engine up to 3k+ in neutral ... any idea why it would do this?

So far I have.

1. Inspected spark plug (looks fine)

2. Switched coilpacks from Cylinder 2 to cylinder 4 (problem still exists on cylinder 2)

3. Cylinder & Fuel injecter cleaner.

Any more idea's guys? I'm out :(

Try disconnecting the plug for the injector on the bad cylinder, if the idle does not change, then it is a bad injector. Mine went on #1, I'm waiting for a new injector to come in on Wed. so I can replace it.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

P0303 for me. Saturday night drop daughter #1 off at a birthday party, wife, daughter #2 and I start out for some pizza. On the way I get nasty vibration (flat tire?), slow down to pull over and car threatens to stall (blown turbo?). Pop the hood oil is not everywhere (whew) can't see anything loose. Car starts back up but engine is shaking like one of those beds you put quarters in at those cheap motels. Limp back home CEL and cruise flashing. Grab the AP (tell the wife "See this thing pays for itself.") Code P0303 Misfire cylinder #3 + two more ?????. Reset and add a bottle of Gumout octane boost. So far so good.

Thursday the low fuel light came on for about 10 miles before I could stop at the gas station, maybe I picked up some sludge?

Well im still getting the rough idle and misfire and its getting worse. The dealership said they can't figure it out, and now ive been running my car for probably 4k miles with a intermittant rough idle.

I've went from stage 1 back to stock and it is still acting up, no difference. Ive tried different oil and gas combinations. I'm going to try the injector next time it acts up, any more idea's guys?

Bad injector or coil.

My injector was leaking fuel into the cylinder when it wasn't suppose to. This was causing very rough idle/occasional stall and 80psi in the cylinder.

its been two weeks now at the dealership. They are now saying they think the ECU is fried (cobb ate it!). There are some intermittant voltagaes not being supplied to two of the injectors. Any have any similiar problems like this? And how much is this going to run me?

Nope, didn't just fix itself. Went to move the Subaru out of the garage to get out the tractor to mow the lawn and the rough idle/engine shake was back. Check engine light would come on and off but no flashing cruise. Does the computer not store a fault/error unless the cruise comes on? Access Port could find nothing. Re flash did nothing.

If injector is bad, would it also foul the spark plug? If you switch STi injector do you have switch all four? How much cash we talking $$$???

Archived