LegacyGT.com

shifter question

I have a 2008 lgt spec b I was driving my friends 2011 sti the other day and noticed his shifter was way more crisp than mine going in and out of gear and didnt feel as spongy as mine. Being that the spec b in essance is pretty much an sti engine and tranny what would I need to make mine feel as crisp as the sti ? I thank everyone in advance for their input.

I can tell you the Spec B has the legacy GT stock tranny mount. I have replaced mine with a STI tranny mount, hoping to firm it up like the STI mount did for my 05.

Didn't change much.

You can contact "m sprank" to see if what he has, I know there is a bushing kit that you can install for all the tranny mounts.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Was your friend's STi's shifter stock? There are a fair amount of aftermarket mounts and shifter bushings available that are supposed to firm everything up (but I have heard you can get a little bit more transmission whine with it). I don't have any of these in my car, so I can't speak directly to their effectiveness, but they may be worth some research.

My 05 has the factory STS, the STI bushing made a big difference in the way the shifted under good power.

The same bushing didn't make much difference in the Spec which has the standard shifter in it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived