LegacyGT.com

Oh man.... this one is tough to turn down!

bskey

Let the market help you in your decision.

I watched the previous owner of my car post his ad 3 times over a period of a month. Each time I saw it I was tempted to jump on it but honestly wasn't ready to make a move and had all the patience in the world. When he posted the 3rd time I could tell by the tone (and the fact it had been on there a month) he really needed to sell. I paid in cash and ended up getting it for $5,600 off his original asking price and well under book.

You have to be prepared to watch the car disappear from the market though. But in the end, either you don't buy (and it sounds like you are on the fence), or you get a steal. Keep your emotions out of it.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Do you know if the car is still for sale?

It was posted on Jan 2, almost 2 weeks ago. I don't see another posting for the same car so it might have been sold already. If it's still available the guy is probably not in a hurry to sell it if he hasn't post another ad in 2 weeks. I agree with waiting to see if another ad shows up with a lower price. When I was buying my bike I did a lot of watching on Craig's list and it was pretty easy to tell by watching the ad postings when the seller is getting desperate.

Great advice, thank you! I don't mind a salvaged title much. I have bought and sold salvaged cars before. I definately need to keep my emotions out of it though..... patience, I guess.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Yeah, he's been at 12.5 for over 2 months on it. I'm sure that's what he has into it.

He removes the old posts, then creates new ones.

Call him and offer him 8 for it.......see if he bites. Also, if you are going to finance it, check with your bank to see if they will fund for a vehicle with a salvaged title.

- Ben

my fxt had a salvage title. the dealer i bought it through said it was a theft recovery vehicle. i asked burt subaru to run the vin and my warranty was still intact so i bought it. soon after, the radiator died and i found out it was an aftermarket one and had to pay for the replacement myself. :( the vehicle was financed through capital one with one of their blank checks. the rate wasn't great, but i was able to refinance it with my own bank and i did let them know the car had an out of state salvage title. i'm not sure if the colorado title is clean or not. guess i will find out in 3.5 years.

Archived