LegacyGT.com

Need help please

I have owned a 2009 legacy for 2 years now and shortly after purchasing it I stumbled on this forum and took advantage of the hoggzhaust for some sound. I live in PA and the car obviously wont pass inspection with an exhaust leak so I bought the necessary gaskets and tried to return it to stock. The problem is the heat escaping caused the flanges to warp and now it wont seal. I was in the market to purchase a new exhaust but I am confused. The faq says axle back from LGT will fit a N/A Legacy. So does that mean just the mufflers? And if that is the case what should I do about the pipe before the mufflers with the resonator/cat? in it? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Go easy on me Im a newb but Im not stupid.

Thanks

Go to your nearest Auto Parts store, buy some Hi temp RTV gasket/sealer. Bolt your stock cans back to the Y pipe as snug as possible, once tight, you will see the two flanges flaring away from each other. Take the RTV gasket maker and fill the void between the two flanges and allow it to setup overnight.

I bought a used stock CBE and the flanges were the same way the above method sealed it up and returned it back to stock exhaust sound level.

Archived