LegacyGT.com

Best subaru dealer in MA

digitalh3lix

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an excellent price at Natick Subaru, now called Metrowest Subaru, ask for Mark, nice guy, won't chase you if you don't buy, and you can negotiate a lot, they are really willing to move cars...

If you are serious for your purchase, offer them Invoice - 4% of MSRP (holdback) plus 500 (and here's where your negotiation begins)...

I was able to get a LGT Wagon 5MT with Dimming mirror for 25175 last June, and I am sure you will prob be able to get a LGT on that ballpark....

Let me know if you need any other help,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

contrary to many opinions on nasioc... i actually had a really good experience at Patrick in Shrewsbury. I dealt with Josh who was pleasant to deal with and tried to find as many ways as possible to make me happy. I went in looking for a used wrx or sti to purchase 1-2 months down the road, left that day with an 05 leftover LGT. Price was too good to pass up. I'm not sure about the other salespeople, but Josh is the one I would recommend. I acutally just got a call from him a few weeks back checking in and making sure everything is going well with my life and car. Good guy!

contrary to many opinions on nasioc... i actually had a really good experience at Patrick in Shrewsbury. I dealt with Josh who was pleasant to deal with and tried to find as many ways as possible to make me happy. I went in looking for a used wrx or sti to purchase 1-2 months down the road, left that day with an 05 leftover LGT. Price was too good to pass up. I'm not sure about the other salespeople, but Josh is the one I would recommend. I acutally just got a call from him a few weeks back checking in and making sure everything is going well with my life and car. Good guy!

I was also a little skeptical about them, but I even drove there to check out some LGT's, and the only reason why I didn't buy from them was because they only had taupe interior, which is color I just hate for leather interior...

Nice price too, however Natick/Metrowest beated theirs by 400 bucks!!!!

Good luck, and the bottom line is haggla haggle haggle!!!!

You can get a good price on it...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I had a great experience at Northend Subaru... I know they just changed ownership... but cant remeber their new name.

As for Patrick... I avoid them like the plague. When I went looking for my LGT I went their first... and they for some reason would not hagle on the price... not even a penny... not to mention the attitude i recieved from the sales person and eventually the sales manager... if it where just a poor sales force, i would not hesitate to go back.. But I bought a VW Jetta GLI from them, used with 2K miles. It was having the trunk re-painted and when I asked they said that one of the lot attendants backed it into a fence... this sounded really fishy, so I asked for a carfax... it showed as a lease auction sell....but i had never heard anything bad about that. Well about 6months after buying the car (and 4 trips back to Patrick to fix the dreaded coil pack issue with the 24V VR6) I got side swiped by a Saturn... while it was in the shop the guy doing the minor body work asked if I knew the entire rear, from the axle back, had been replaced. Obvious I did not, when I confronted the sales manager about this (he was the owners son) I got a long string of profanities... so i hung up on him and called back asking for the general manager... i got the owner. I informed him of my situation and the kind of treatment I had received as well as that I have submitted a request to the AG's office to start the paper work for arbitration. At this point they gave me, in writing that they would certify the car for the time that I owned it... I got rid of it about 6mos later as the coil pack issues kept getting worse... had the car for just under 2years and it was in the shop 26 times.

then there is my friend with yet another Jetta... hers turned out to be a lemon law return that Patrick bought at auction and sold...

and now to the Subaru issue I have with them (yes... it did take awhile) now I had thought it might just be their VW division that had issues... but a coworker bought a brand new wrx from Patrick... he has had it 5 months and it is in the shop every 1-2 weeks.. First off it allot of rattling from the suspension when he would hit even the slightest bump... Patrick took it in and said the transmission was bad... so he was without his car for a few weeks while they rebuilt it (no idea why they rebuilt it) but when he gets it back, the thing slips out of gear and, finally, wont go into reverse... so he, smartly, goes to another dealer... that dealer takes apart the tranny and asked "what where those guys thinking" as well as it turns out that every link to his sways was broken... how does that even happen?

ok.. so that was just allot of typing to say, Patrick motors will never recieve my business.

i've yet to deal with patrick's subaru service dept... but this person was asking about dealerships. an accident will always make your car feel a little different and sometimes may it never get back to where you want it. my impreza was perfect until my accident. a wrx will have some rattles, and the tranny problem may have been due to one too many abusive test drives.

i was skeptical about going to patrcik as well, but in the end, i was pleasantly suprised. and yes... if you do haggle dealers and make them aware other dealerships are beating their price, they may go down. if not, you go to the cheaper dealer.

horknfbr, where is the best place around central mass to bring my LGT when the time does come?

for service? no idea... i am just getting to the 15K mark and am planning on having a small shop do the work... as i am at stg2 and not willing to strip everything off so i dont get red flagged.... that being said, i have heard that the service department at Village Subaru in Acton is good... a friend with a modded WRX takes his there with no issues thus far.

I bought my latest Subaru from Manchester, NH Subaru. They're pretty aggressive on price and have decent inventory. They sell a lot of cars to MA.

Natick is known as being more of a high-volume dealer, so they will cut deals. Supposedly Clay Subaru in Norwood is aggressive as well.

Cityside recently moved to Belmont from Arlington and may be willing to deal.

I liked the service department at Wakefield, where I bought my first two. But they quoted me $1,500 higher than Manchester for the same car, and their counteroffer was $300 higher. I won't be back.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I've had no problems with Natck / Metrowest service and agree with previous comments they do like to make deals on former leased cars and the "new" Legacy a supposed demo. It had 5 K miles.

The "other" message board does not like Natick and talked about a mechanic's shop on Speen Street in Framingham (not Natick). I've asked but no reply just yet. I can only think of the gas station right there at the intersection of Rte 30 & Speen Street. Any comments? It's good to have choices.

No one can beat my boys......and they are mod friendly.......well at least with me.......:D

North End Subaru, Lunenburg MA.........they'll beat anyone's price. Get a price, go down, Tell them I sent ya....bada bing, you got a lower price ;) (I have friends there)

They are a smaller dealership though, very mom and pop feeling. They are even better under the new bigger subaru owning them....they have more resources....

Don't like Natick (Went to high school there)

Manchester, great dealer....

I had great luck just over the border in Manchester, NH. it was a bit of a drive, but well worth it after doing the tour of most of the MA dealerships.

they instantly matched my best price, then shaved more off! they also offered $2000 more for my wrx than the 5 other dealerships in MA offered.

no bs. great service. highly, highly reccomended.

i bought my wrx at natick. sales was okay, but the service dept was REALLY awful.

i got a obp 5mt lgt ltd w/ the following options:

autodimming/compass mirror

sti pedals

sti short shifter

security system

subwoofer

armrest extension

door sills (standard? - listed as option on subaru.com)

all for $26,900. she had 9 miles on her. :)

Manchester Subaru here, too. I went to IRA in Danvers, and they started playing the silly pricing game with me. Manchester STARTED the deal by showing me the invoice price. Then, they did play a little game... the salesman told me that he would get the money above this price, and so how much did I want to pay. Sure, I know it wasn't true, but at $26k even, I appreciated the simple offer rather than starting me at 27k (at IRA).

Hey Jeff. How are you?

was at Planet about 3 weeks ago for oil change and tire rotation. Saw Cory, but he looked too busy with customers to BS.

Nice Spec B in the showroom. I would have loved to swap the MP3-capable audio system and the aluminum pedals for the ones in my car.

Q: Do all MY06 LGTs have MP3 audio systems? If so, I will have to keep my eyes open for a totalled car that someone will part out.

I will try to get to Planet for most services. It's hard when Berterra Sube is up the street from my job. They don't wash your car, though. I think that is a simple, but great service that you guys do for your customers.

see you on the boards.

I've been happy with Village Subaru in Acton. Service has treated me well. Every time I've been in for warranty work I've been put in a loaner newer than my June 05 GT. I spent nearly two weeks in a B9 Tribeca that started with 92 miles.

Planet is totally kewl.

I live in SoCal, saw there license plate frame on a photo here. Wanted something different on the plates.

E-mailed them, asked if I could buy some some, and, voila the sent me a whole 'CARE' bag of PLanet 'swag', for FREE. As if seeing their name in SoCal helps there business.

Totally awesome group.

So an '05 Turbo Baja, and an '05 Outback XT LTD run around in SoCal with Planet frames, etc.

Tom

I've been happy w/ Village Subaru and Wakefield. Friendly, prompt service and easy to get an appointment. Village was good to me through a number of headgasket problems on my 98 OB, even though they didn't have to be.

Cityside never seemed interested in selling me a car, didn't have the '05 LGT until months after other dealers, and the service dept there is always a pain. Or have they changed since the move?

I'll say the sales guys I dealt with at Norwood aren't my favorite people, and leave it at that.

Archived