LegacyGT.com

Tire Replacement - Town Fair Tire

rao741

I am having my Nexan N5000 tires credited back to me because of faulty issues, cracking sidewalls, bubbles, constantly replacing tires. Any suggestions as what to get, looking for all season tire for New England area that can handle all elements.

I am looking for good experiences and suggestions.:confused:

This is what I have been reading, are the sidewalls that soft?

I had a set of these on my car when I bought it. On the way home from picking up the car, I had one of the sidewalls blow-out, leaving me stranded, at night, on the side of the road. It was at that point I vowed never to buy any Continental tire (biased opinion) ever.:mad:

However, if you want to objectively gauge how soft the sidewall is - then: take your index finger and push it into the side of your face (cheek). That is what the sidewall feels like on these tires :)

see the sidewall thing is scaring me as well. I need new tires in about 2 months.

Other than the DWS, what other tires can compete in snow/wet performance at the same price range. That's where I've been a little stuck...

I'm in Rochester, NY so I want snow performance mainly.

I went for the nexans because the guy at Town Fair said bang for my buck it was a no brainer. I like the tire, great traction in all conditions, except they are falling apart 11 months after my purchase. I think I am going to pass on the DWS, I have enough issues with sidewall as it is. Now comes the hard part, what to choose, may go with the Hankook, or Goodyear, seems like the only two choices for a reasonable price point.

My DWS' lasted me about 2 years/winters and ~20k miles without any problems. I hiked up the PSI to 40/38 F/R respectively, stiffening up the sidewalls a bit. They're great in the snow along with some common sense, and are going back on again late November (I put on Hankook V12s on for the summer). This past winter, I've been commuting from NNJ to New Rochelle, NY for work, and they've held up pretty well considering the great roads we've got here :rolleyes:

Then again, my stockers are 17s, while yours are 18s, which may make a little difference :shrug:

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Anyone have experience with Hankook Ventus V4 for all season? I read reviews on tire rack, but have a buddy who swears by them, I am looking for some input. Plus I feel Town Fair is a touch on the expensive side, $165.00 ea 225/40/r18. Any help is greatly appreciated. Especially when I can have them shipped 2nd day air for $570.00 and then $70.00 to mount and balance, seems off.

There is a local vender near me that is a Tire Rack vendor, so I can get whatever Tire Rack products shipped local to me for zero shipping. =]

I'm probably going with the DWS due to the type of driving I will be doing. Mainly highway commuting and around town drives. For the price, I can't exactly beat it.

If I had a choice I would go somewhere else, but they issued be a credit for the Nexans so I need to get the replacements from Town Fair. I just feel the pricing is so high, I will not go there again.

If I had a choice I would go somewhere else, but they issued be a credit for the Nexans so I need to get the replacements from Town Fair. I just feel the pricing is so high, I will not go there again.

Hence, why a never go there.

Sorry. But don't they say they will beat anyones price....?

They make up for that with the extra's...

Oh, did anyone say to get Conti's DWS's ?

I'll stop being a smart A** now.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Funny part is got back home a bit ago and I will say that these guys took very good care of me. I got Conti DWS at cost, free 4 wheel alignment and added road hazard on a tire that normally does not offer road hazard. I will say I was skeptical about going back, but when to a different store and by far best experience purchasing tires. I will say if the service there stays that way I will go back. BTW very happy about DWS's :)

^ =p i am blind sometimes and forget which threads I'm following. hah. Yeh I've heard goods and bads. I'm coming off my Stock Yokohamas, while they weren't too bad this winter, they are bald now. -_- They somehow wore from 6/32 to 3/32 in a matter of months. As well my right side is worn more than my left. Had some alignment issues.

My 30k is coming up, along with tires, along with a front brake job. poop. =[

Very happy with the Conti ExtremeContact DWS. It is a very good all around tire especially at the price point.(for me $550 installed 215/45/17)

They don't take kindly to severe potholes though, my wife split one and bubbled it on a 1"+ exposed manhole rim. But fortunately it carried a free first 2/32" tread wear road hazed. I am a fan of Conti.

Archived