LegacyGT.com

Anyone with a 05 ObsideonBlack Pearl w Cracks??

DirtyDirtyHouse

I'm very sad as I look at the prematurely deteriorating black paint on my 05LGT.:icon_cry: I have an ungodly amount of cracks throughout the paint all over (front fenders to the back roof and beyond). Is this normal for a "quality" sport sedan?? Or is it just the 05's with Obsideon Black Pearl paint? It was in Colorado for the first 2 years of its life, now it is in a covered garage in Florida. I really don't want to drop $$$$$$$$ on a new paint job for a defective clearcoat or whatever. Am I the only one? Carfax says it was in 1 minor accident before my ownership. I have the dreaded feeling that I might be S.O.L. :mad:

I have small crows feet cracks or y looking cracks all over my hood and fender. Just had fender sanded down and repainted, Looks good again. Just need to repaint my hood whenever I have a little cash. I've asked this question too but I don't think anyone responded. So if its small y looking cracks I have it too.

the hot Florida sun really does a job on any car paint, including the plastic parts, Specially the top parts like hood, rood, trunk. Does your car get exposed throughout the day to the sun? i.e. parking at work, or other places for an extended time?

X

---

I've got some spider-webbing on my rear bumper and hood as well and some pretty nasty swirls all over the car. Wash/claybar/wax pretty much does nothing, the car looks clean after, but the paint still looks bad. I'm thinking about repainting the rear bumper as well. What are you guys doing for swirls?

I have crows feet cracks all over my hood to. Hard to see unless your right up on it. I believe I take care of my cars paint well in terms of washing and waxing Its garaged day and night. Guess it's the quality of paint. Definitely sucks but, I have learned to live with it. I also live in Colorado, maybe it's the dry air out here

Archived