LegacyGT.com

08 Legacy 2.5i XRT tuned!!!

NORULZleggy

So from reading the N\A forums (read in the rasp queen 3.0R thread), I always people say “do not tune the 2.5i”, “the stock Ecu is great”, Blah blah blah :mad:. I thought about this and said to myself, why were people not saying this about my two N\A mustang GT’s (gateway tune), or my 04 RSX-S (hondata). These were all N\A and I never heard this about those cars.

So I got the tactrix cable, software, and found Eward @ http://xtremeracingtuning.com/ . I read all the N\A reviews, and it was blowing my mind. So I contacted him, and now I will be sending my stock Rom to him and he will get to work.

The Tune I am getting:

Stage 0 (engine tune) :)

&

Stage 2 Transmission Tune :spin:

I have read what he does for these cars and it is nutz reading the reviews on how the car is tuned into something great. Stay tuned for daily updates on the car progress. :spin:

Mods:

K & N panel

torque tube

Hung Li cans

Deleted fender intake piece

Kakimoto intake chamber (on the way)

fog light Ram Air (on the way)

UPDATE: I am on V3 on my XRT tune, I will be uploading V4 later. All I can say is that it's crazy how the car is now. LOVE IT!!! Thanks Ed

XRT does(2.5i,3.0R, and 3.6R also and these guys are very happy)

Please note I came from a 04 STI tuned by AMS that put down 348 AWHP. I do miss the car but not the car payment lol.

You can catch up on the whole tuning from XRT on the link below. If you have questions just ask. If your a 2.5i do not let people tell you it not worth it, its sooo worth it :eek:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-2-5i-n-tuning-has-started-249489.html

I'm currently on v5 of tuning my '11 3.6R with Ed from XRT. I went with the base DBW tune and the stage 1 tranny tune. The increase in torque/power and reduction of DBW lag is incredible. We have a few kinks to work out, some of which are mechanical issues on my end (afr sensor), but were getting down to the fine tuning now.

Ed is incredibly thorough in his work and his response time in answering questions is ridiculously quick. I was hesitant in doing an etune with someone in another country, but Ed eliminates all worries with his awesome

response time.

So far I'm extremely happy in how the whole process has gone. Its taken about a month so far, but all of that is on me. There was a vacation, a car accident, and I have a 6 month old daughter, so free time is hard to come by. Luckily Ed is extremely patient and works with your schedule.

Stop thinking about getting a tune and just do it!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Oh yeah with any tuning things would need to get worked out.

I have a 4 month old boy and my time is short so I get pulls in when I can. My car is running great, It's great to drive. Just to happy, and when I add the rest few, things should be really nice.

I'm currently on v5 of tuning my '11 3.6R with Ed from XRT. I went with the base DBW tune and the stage 1 tranny tune. The increase in torque/power and reduction of DBW lag is incredible. We have a few kinks to work out, some of which are mechanical issues on my end (afr sensor), but were getting down to the fine tuning now.

Ed is incredibly thorough in his work and his response time in answering questions is ridiculously quick. I was hesitant in doing an etune with someone in another country, but Ed eliminates all worries with his awesome

response time.

So far I'm extremely happy in how the whole process has gone. Its taken about a month so far, but all of that is on me. There was a vacation, a car accident, and I have a 6 month old daughter, so free time is hard to come by. Luckily Ed is extremely patient and works with your schedule.

Stop thinking about getting a tune and just do it!

I keep seeing these threads now, one day I'll get my 3.6 tuned. The car is a nice quick launch compared to the LGT, but mid/top power seems to be lacking/struggling a bit. Have you noticed better power through the range?

I keep seeing these threads now, one day I'll get my 3.6 tuned. The car is a nice quick launch compared to the LGT, but mid/top power seems to be lacking/struggling a bit. Have you noticed better power through the range?

The power above 3000 rpm is stupid awesome. Its also much quicker on the lower end as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived