LegacyGT.com

European Legacy/Outback : remove seatbelt chime

pattali

Hello,

I try the trick for seatbelt chime (lock/unlock 20 time belt) but it doesn't work. In europe chime appear when I drive without belt till 20 km/h. Does anyone know how to remove this chime ?

TIA for your response.

+1 but that chime is really anoying. I live in a major city and if you need to paralle park you usualy take it off to do it. It allways comes on ad throws me off parking so i used the 80's nintendo cheat code style seatbelt removal. If that didny work wirecutters would be used :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
mmm, use the seatbelt.

It's a great invention stops you flying out of your seat in a crash...as opposed to being stopped by the windscreen.

+1

Keep try'n I'm sure it's gotta work......cuz I've done it on a WRX, Forrester, and 3 LGT's, and 1 outback....I can't imagine it would only be a US "trick"

When I cut my battery yesterday, it took me 5 tries to get it to work. Anyone else overseas do the seatbelt trick and confirm it doesn't work?

Anyone else overseas do the seatbelt trick and confirm it doesn't work?

I don't know...

But the trick doesn't work. As I know , in US model chime appear if you don't start engine with seatbelt unclip, in Europe chime appear after you start engine and drive at 20 km/h.

Archived