LegacyGT.com

Interior windows - insane fogging!

Hi all,

I've had my '05 LGT for around 5 years now, and have always noticed that the interior fogs up worse than any car I've ever owned.

It's really frustrating in cold weather. While I can get the front window clear with the defroster at full blast, the side windows (front and rear) stay dangerously fogged up.

Any idea what might be causing this compared to other cars, or good prevention tips?

Loose rubber molding letting too much moisture in the car? Some kind of crappy coating on the glass?

get a silicone lube and clean the rubbers around your doors. stops rain water seeping in

also get dehumidifier packs and throw them under the seats and in the boot. this should soak up any moisture over a couple of weeks

should take care of the fogging

Thanks - a few more questions:

1. For weather stripping, do you just lubricate it on top, or do you have to remove it, lubricate, and reattach the weather stripping?

2. Any specific product recommendations for either of these?

A/C drain line is frozen ?

Do you use the A/C this time of year ? I normally don't.

Even if the HVAC turns it on, I turn it off.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

Sil-Glyde on the rubber seals. Rub it in with your finger tips in a warm environment, let it sit for about an hour in a warm environment, use a terrycloth towel to wipe it off briskly.

Dessicant packs under the seats, in the glovebox, in each door panel and in the trunk.

Problem solved.

:)

You shall have one in each corner connecting to a hose going down in the corresponding corner of the car. If the hose isn't connected correctly, the drain gutter rusted or that the lower end of the hose isn't routed outside the car or is plugged you get problems.

See also: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wants-see-my-vacation-pixi-6216p24.html

453747.png

Cars w frameless windows tend to do this

-clean windows and rubber gaskets

-the recirculation button on the hvac makes a huge difference

On the sunroof take an air hose and blow in the corners, you should hear air come out down inside the door jamb near the fender/tire area. If not remove a pillar moulding and check for clogs in drain tube

I have this problem too...granted my A/C doesn't work which could be a big player in the situation. but when it rains in the warm and when it snows in the cold its painfully foggy and my only defense is crank the temp down as low as possible and blow air at it which doesnt help in the summer when its super humid out. Anybody notice that the rear defroster completely sucks too? and even better when you turn it on the radio reception goes to shit haha thank you window mounted antenna.

if the sunroof is "leaking" when closed than the rubber gasket around the glass is bad.

the side windows on these cars don't have a tight seal to the gasket casuing air/moisture to get in just like a headlight with a bad seal. you can take the door panel off and adjust the two guides at the top to allow the window to lean in and create a tighter seal

you think your subaru is bad? Volkswagens are the worst! my 03 gti and my girlfriend 08 jetta have the WORST defrosters EVER!

i never seem to have an issue with my 05 lgt! but pretty much everyone covered your options!!

GL :)

Archived