LegacyGT.com

Why subaru?

Has anyone realized how terrible subaru actually is. Look at how many subarus need new engines at 100k. It's all just the status. Everyone wants a subie and they all sound the same. No matter what. I honestly will never buy one again. And 20mpg in a 4cyl. Come on.

What car would need to burn oil like a subaru off the lot. My gti never blew 3 turbos in 5 months. You can't even get new wheels without a dang tune. And how long has the sti been at the same hp. They just made it more ugly. Focus rs is gonna run the sti in any condition

So I take it you bought an LGT and had some issues? That really sucks, but it happens. If you think Subaru's are so crappy then why exactly did you buy one in the first place? Looks like you should've kept that cool GTI you had, or gotten a new one. I heard the Golf R was an amazing vehicle. The STi hasn't had a bump in power for a while because 350 crank HP is more than enough for what the car is intended for, which by the way, is not a straight line. Ranting about Subaru's on a Subaru enthusiast forum is probably not too productive! :lol:

My first motor lasted 189,000 miles, with the stock turbo. My second one is at close to 15,000 miles on a stage 2 build. Usually people go through multiple motors and turbos due to their own error, just saying.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Cool story brah. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Sounds like you bought a shitty LGT and did no proper pre inspection of the car. For that you fail. You are awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

:lol:

My car has 120k miles on it and stage 2 since 55k and i have had not a single issue with mine. Sounds like you are bitter about your own mistakes that cost you 3 turbos? Most people fix the issue correctly the first time so it doesnt happen again :spin:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

are you for real?

what power increases has the gti received? 5-10? and all gtis sound the same as well but they dont do uel headers do they?

the 2007 was under rated when it said 243. was more like 270. just ask any stock gti that was left behind every time.

my 07 doesnt eat oil and i never broke it in. oh and pulls to redline dyno proven.

perhaps you should have bought a new one or learn how to fix a car. tunes are basically canned. so whats your problem beside lack of knowledge?

i forgot to mention i got 28.2 hgwy yesterday. thats ABOVE epa ratings and with a dyno. wasnt trying nor was i babying it either. and 285lb-ft to the wheels? come on! not having to be in 1st gear at a light. use 3rd or 4th at 20mph. haha.

If you see his previous posts he obviously doesn't know how to work on cars.

did not see. he says 3 turbos. its safe to assume someone bought a lemon or the "mechanic" isnt too keen on subaru.

it would be different if he complained about the turbo inlet or other common issue but he went straight to 3 turbos and oil burn.

Am i missing something? You bought a lemon and then proceeded to change things on it incorrectly resulting in failure back to back. Idk how you can blame the car when three of those turbo failures happened when you had the car.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Don't forget that the main reason for all the love of Subies are the AWD. Compare your MPG to anything else that drives all four wheels.

PS. Your "Fix Or Repair Daily" gets 19 mpg.. "in a 4cyl. Come on"

So yeah.. Enjoy your "F*ked Over Rebuild Dodge" and remember, "F*cker Only Runs Downhill"

These are fun :)

Fun fact. if you look up Subaru on Urban ditionary you'll find 4 pages of praises for subaru. With about four lesbian comments. Lesbaruuuuuu! (we embrace it)

Ford has three positive posts.. within 6 pages.

while urban dictionary is not the reference I would use to prove reliability and satisfaction of ownership... there are quite a few credible sources that consistently rate the subaru brand as one of the most reliable year after year.

There's a reason why they make a lot of different cars. Go find another, but honestly, I wonder if this is the same guy bitching about a 4 year old block that he thinks was JB Welded and want's SOA to give him a free one. Both posters arrived here about the same time.

Things that make you go Hmmmm...............:rolleyes:

In his defense, a car shouldn't loose a turbo by 90k miles and shouldn't have burned valves or destroyed cylinders, you also shouldn't have to add 1qt every 1k miles either. But Subaru decided to add banjo filters that clog up and a lean tune and weak piston rings.

I know a who just went through his third turbo, after finding out that he doesn't want to remove the banjo filter I told him to replace it every 30k miles tops then. You shouldn't have to do that on a modern day car... I believe he is swearing off Subaru too though.

I love my Subaru's as much as the next guy, but Subaru just keeps on doing these stupid things for what ever reason. My 2012 2.5i Outback knocks to hell on 87 gas that it was build for, I'm having to run 93 just to keep it happy and not pull major timing.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

47 WRC wins that's why..

the Mitsubishi EVO only has 210 mile range @ full tank..

VW's are nothing but electrical problems and don't blow turbo's they blow fuses. Only f@gs and women drive VDubs

Lol. Subaru's are just awful and then you go on to praise a VW? You mean the company that knowingly programmed ecu's to scam emissions testing on all their clean diesels?

This is a car enthusiast forum so you will see a lot of build and rebuild threads. You won't see a whole lot of my car has been running great for 100k threads. I live in a small town and there's about half a dozen other LGT's floating around, but mine is the only one on the forum here. How many thousands of others are quietly living out there lives performing as intended?

So a specific cars have specific issues. Whoop de doo. I love my Legacy, flaws and all. I'm also not a brand loyalist, I love all cars and never expect perfection from manufacturers. After you wash the sand out of your vagina you can put your big boy pants on.

Had an 05 gti I BUILT that was 350 to the wheels if I didn't leave the dyno sheet with it when I sold it I'd prove it. Cost me half the money I got into this thing. And never had an issue put 75k on it while it was built only thing that went was water pump.

I still don't understand the purpose of this thread...sandwich time?

Does a hamburger count as a sandwich? I prefer it med rare, with lettuce, sauteed onions & mushrooms, american cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard, mayo and dip it in A1 sauce, like a backyard roast beef and Au jus sandwich. Perfection. No baked beans or potato salad, just eat another hamburger if still hungry.

I owned a 2011 Mitsu Ralliart, I can say I am more than happy I got rid of the POS. Worst car I have ever owned and I've owned 2 Jetta's. Worst 3 months of my life. Gave it back to the dealer and already was talking to local subaru dealer about a 2013 3.6R. Sure it cost me an extra $10k, but it was worth it. Plus is gave my LGT a buddy to hang out with.

Archived