LegacyGT.com

OC area tint

unlazy4sports

Hi, I did search in this forum already, and a lot of the info were from a year or two ago and not much was mentioned for OC specifically.

I was just wondering if there are any recommended place to get my windows tinted. I know everyone here recommends California Tint, but I live in Laguna Hills and Rosemead is just too far of a drive.

Also, what's the price range now for ceramic or metallic tints now? Are there other kind of tints that are preferred here?

Thanks.

Judging from the feedbacks, I guess there aren't too many places in OC. Anyway, thanks tdoggydog for your suggestion. I'll go check out tint plus.

Yeah, I remember paying about $250 for my wife's car at some other small shop, and it was a horrible job with bubbles, etc. Pay the extra, get the ceramic, and enjoy it because it looks great and the shop did a fantastic job.

"best tint" off jamboree and edinger did a friend's camry with traditional tint for $150. I'm sure LGT looks close enough to a tint guy that price would be same.

i took mine up to peter in rosemead like everyone else. they did a decent job for a good price on metallic rear passenger, traditional tint front and rear windshield but they scratched part of the front trying to smooth out the air bubbles. when i took it back, they really half assed the redo of my driver's window. i guess i got what i paid for. also, even though they say "lifetime" warranty, they don't record the roll # on your receipt, meaning no one else would warranty it, and they could refuse too i'm betting.

i also looked at tint plus in Lake Forest, kinda pricey but may be worth it for ceramic.

good luck

• 3 months later...

WOW! All of these millionaires in the OC and we don't have a decent tint shop? I would rather not drive up north and have to wait, hence the request for an OC shop. All the supercars around here have to get tinted somewhere?

I got a quote from Tint Pro's (lake forrest) today, for $420 for 15% ceramic all the way around. I thought that was pricey, but I won't know till I get some more quotes tomorrow. They also quoted $350 to clearbra the front end, minus the bumper. If I find a decent shop, I will share.

tintplus is a rip off. i'll give them credit for doing a good job but i went to this place

on pioneer and rosecrans in norwalk called, "magic auto sound". my friend recommended me to them. i paid $100 for all 5 windows using johnson tint. it looks great with 5yr warranty. $20 more for lifetime but i doubt i'll give this car for that long.

WOW! All of these millionaires in the OC and we don't have a decent tint shop? I would rather not drive up north and have to wait, hence the request for an OC shop. All the supercars around here have to get tinted somewhere?

I got a quote from Tint Pro's (lake forrest) today, for $420 for 15% ceramic all the way around. I thought that was pricey, but I won't know till I get some more quotes tomorrow. They also quoted $350 to clearbra the front end, minus the bumper. If I find a decent shop, I will share.

420 holy crap.

whats the difference between ceramic and metallic?

car for sale. PM me!

Hi, I did search in this forum already, and a lot of the info were from a year or two ago and not much was mentioned for OC specifically.

I was just wondering if there are any recommended place to get my windows tinted. I know everyone here recommends California Tint, but I live in Laguna Hills and Rosemead is just too far of a drive.

Also, what's the price range now for ceramic or metallic tints now? Are there other kind of tints that are preferred here?

Thanks.

Welcome to the boards and congrats on your 3.0R! If you have questions, let me know! I'm always glad to help out another fisherman, especially the Fongster!!!!

i had my fronts and rear windshield (can you call it that?) wrapped with regular and the rear passengers done in ceramic. i'm not an engineer by any means, but was going on what the predominant opinions of those supposedly in the know here and other tint websites had said.

but if there is someone in north SD doing ceramic with lifetime for 200-250, i'd recommend that. i'm pretty happy with my heat rejection on the rear windows but couldn't quantify if for you.

i had Best Tint in Tustin do my father in law's camry (which is comprable to the LGT as well all know in many ways) for $150 all the way around. just regular film, but the job was acceptable. i took the LGT to Peter up in Rosemead and was greatly disappointed in what they did. the price was right, but the job was marginal, truly contributing to the you get what you pay for mantra.

for people whom work in the service industry and control their own prices right now, especially in a field related to cars, which are on ropes right now- if they aren't more negotiable in their prices, they may find themselves in the red even more this year.

Archived