LegacyGT.com

Jerks stole my wagon! :'(

Noooo! Came out early to go to work and my wagon was gone!

Assholes left another second gen sedan behind it with the door open.

My car was locked and didn't have any keys inside. Called the cops and they say that they have been seeing this a lot the past week.

Hopefully they find it. I've put so much time into that car.

Yay! The cops found it! The thieves parked it a fancy neighborhood and stole another second gen in its place.

When I got there it was still running. The windows aren't broken but the ignition is all jacked. I couldn't shut the car off. The ignition won't turn back past the ACC mode but will turn forward so I can start it back up. I was able to kill the car by putting it in gear and stalling it and disconnected the neg terminal of the battery.

The stole my ipod I had hidden in the console and also took my registration papers. The cops said that someone is stealing subarus left and right the past few days and ditching them for another and stealing the registration papers out of them for some reason.

Car reeked like nasty cologne, cigarettes and alcohol.

So anyone know how to fix the ignition? Pull one from a junkyard vehicle and have it repinned or something?

I'm pissed about the ignition and the ipod but at least I have my car back. I'm getting a couple CLUBs on my way home, lol.

I will put an ignition kill in my SS too. When you do it, a DIY write-up would be helpful.

So glad you got your car back!!!

Thanks! I'm glad they didn't take the wife's SS. I'd rather lose the wagon than that. I'll start searching how to put in a kill switch...

The thieves must have some sort of master key for the door or something.

you basically need a high current relay and toggle switch. in your steering column there a larger wire coming off the ignition switch. this higher current wire is what sends current to the starter solenoid. if you cut and put in a relay on that wire, and use the toggle switch to activate/deactivate the relay, you have a kill switch.

Registration theft can lead to identify theft, among other things they can do with your info. You might keep an eye out for it or be proactive to make sure nothing happens.

this. or they could be looking for your house at some point. stay safe.

as for the kill switch, get any alarm with starter kill. or wire a relay to break the ignition circuit to the starter, or to the igniter.

ahh nooo way! that same thing happened to me on monday. i woke up for school and they left behind a 1998 legacy...

That really sucks!!! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get yours back quickly like I did.

I ordered a new ignition lock from the dealer. It was $35ish. For a complete lock set including the doors and rear hatch it would have come out to $115. I called some locksmiths and to match the doors and hatch to the new ignition would have been $80 per lock if they did all the labor and $30 per lock if I did the R&R.

But amazingly enough the lock started working normally again. I wiggled the key around and it finally turned off like it is supposed to!!! So I was able to cancel the order.

I did get a double hook Club for the steering wheel. I know that they can be defeated but hopefully it is enough of a deterrent that they move on or steal my neighbor's car instead, lol.

Archived