LegacyGT.com

sunshade recommendations?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Covercraft UVS100 is the sun shade for me. I had one for 5 years with my Integra and it was awesome. Total heat blockage and light blockage. They are a little pricy at around $40 bucks, but it will last you as long as you own the car. It is very tough and not something that is going to wear out easily. 5 years of absolute trouble free protection. Its on my list of things to buy next for my car. Its not something I've thought a lot about since its still snowing occasionally here, but it is definitely something I'm going to get. I highly recommend the Covercraft UVS100 sun shade. I've never used a sunshade that fits so perfectly in my windshield and blocks so much light from getting in. It filled the entire windshield just like this:

http://accessory-center.com/images/seriesImages/large/42/976.jpg

www.streetbeatcustoms.com has it for $37.75. That is about what you can expect on it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

The Covercraft UVS100 is the sun shade for me. I had one for 5 years with my Integra and it was awesome. Total heat blockage and light blockage. They are a little pricy at around $40 bucks, but it will last you as long as you own the car. It is very tough and not something that is going to wear out easily. 5 years of absolute trouble free protection. Its on my list of things to buy next for my car. Its not something I've thought a lot about since its still snowing occasionally here, but it is definitely something I'm going to get. I highly recommend the Covercraft UVS100 sun shade. I've never used a sunshade that fits so perfectly in my windshield and blocks so much light from getting in. It filled the entire windshield just like this:

www.streetbeatcustoms.com has it for $37.75. That is about what you can expect on it.

Just ordered mine! Good find for sure.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Is this one of those shades that you in the windshield? Do those make any difference in temps on a hot day?

Big difference. The side facing the windshield is a heat reflective material. The other side is like felt or something. In between is some sort of stiff material that helps block the heat from getting in. It blocks the light and heat so thouroughly that if your windows are tinted then you can't even see into the car when the shade is up. When you get in its not like 300 degrees. I have put it up in my car on a super hot day and gone into a store for an hour. I come back out and there is still ice in the drink I left in the cup holder. This was in my Integra, but I don't imagine it will be much different in the Legacy. It really does do a good job of blocking heat.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Can anyone verify that is is fit for the 05 Legacy? I've seen fit sunshields that were for the older models that they advertised for the '05. That's the only reason I've been waiting. Once someone gets one and verifies, I'll order one for sho'.

They custom make them, so I'm sure they have the general dimensions for the '05 and use a shield designed to fit. You can always call them and check I guess... With a couple of them ordered already I think we'll know for sure soon enough.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'll post up pics when I get it.

Follow this path........

Interior - Windshield Heat Sheilds - Make Selection - Scroll down 3/4 of the page, select Front Windshield Heat Shields - UVS100 - Put in Year, Make - Model.

I'll post up pics when I get it.

Follow this path........

Interior - Windshield Heat Sheilds - Make Selection - Scroll down 3/4 of the page, select Front Windshield Heat Shields - UVS100 - Put in Year, Make - Model.

Did anyone get thiers yet? Pictures?

The cheap one I use now doens't fit the window, it starting to fall apart, and it produces something that causes a film of haze to form on the inside of the windshield. I want to try one of these but I wanted to make sure they fit first.

-S

You guys should hold out for a day or two. I have a line of sun shades that I sell in my shop that tops anything out there. I'll take picks tonight and post em up. It's worth the wait, trust me. If there's enough interest I can get a group buy together.

-Lee

They are even better than the covercraft UVS100 ones? I find that to be an interesting claim.... I'm curious to see what you are talking about. Let me know when you have pictures and prices. I'm not even concerned about waiting for a group buy. If the price is competitive with the Covercraft one and the quality is better, then I'd like to know more.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Ok, as promised here is the info on the sunshade.

It's a two piece, retractable, accordian style shade that is mounted just inside the A pillars on either side of the windsheild. The material used for the shade is a metal flake covered nylon that's pretty durable. (the one in the photos has survived in my cars since 1996!)

Basically when you want to cover the windshield you grab the tab on either side of the shade, draw them together to the center of the windshield and then secure the velcro on each leading edge. Flip down your visors and it's in place. When you want to release it, grab each tab and pull gently to separate the velcro.

Each half of the shade has two lines running through them that automatically recoil into the base. All you have to do is guide them back and it's done.

The shades are mounted to the glass via two small plastic clips, one on top and bottom on either side. The clips have a peel and stick adhesive backing so it's very easy to apply.

In the winter, when you don't need the shade, you just slide them up out of the clips and remove them from the car. The clips, however, will remain on the window.

Any questions, fire away.

-Lee

shade4.jpg.f9e89b0a32c7ab5abba45a2a3bcec238.jpg

shade1.jpg.ec3390c416ef66073bc4d533c35f53c2.jpg

shade2.jpg.6e7ff9b741390dc7d26855e4a6ddb665.jpg

shade5.jpg.82c5f06d54ece84ab576f168ed567e5e.jpg

shade6.jpg.f3219d7a8ae9fee6849238856fe4c3d7.jpg

clipsclose.jpg.66a53df93e1e58ce750d454fac8468c0.jpg

tabs.jpg.45e8e9ce310001fc8087fae562a9b0f7.jpg

clips1.jpg.1fec0a1217aeaacfc824061cf8c156a1.jpg

shade3.jpg.05cff6f08b9d1e89d09ed516ad5c21c2.jpg

Hmmm... Interesting concept. I can't do something like that though. Its just a personal thing, but if I have something in my car that is for tempoary use then I have to be able to put it completely out of sight when its not being used. The Covercraft shade blocks 100% of the light coming through the windshield and that is important to me as well. I think the design on yours is really sweet, and it probably blocks heat just as well, but its an asthetic preference to not have anything attached to my windshield.

How much do those run? I do know a lot of other people who might be interested in something like that. If you do put together a group buy will you open it to people who aren't members of LGT?

OCDETAILS BLOG

It takes a little while to get used to having them on your A pillars but they're well worth it. Especially when used to add the final touch to a tint job. Although to some they may not be aesthetically pleasing they work, they're super convenient, they're reasonably priced compared to the fold up, throw in the back seat, shiney foil things.

I can let them go for $25 plus shipping Retail is $40. I'm not looking to make money on these ( I make plenty with the tinting and 3M paint protection). I just love mine so much that I think everyone should have one.

-Lee

Looks like a great design, but I am like OCDetails, having those extra pieces on either side of the windshield would annoy me too much (personal thing here as well). I want something that I can completely remove when not is use.

For others you might want to confirm if this is the right size for the 05 Lecacy's and OBs. From the pictures it looked like yours wasn't an 05.

Thanks.

-S

Hey Guys, got the Covercraft UVS100 late Saturday. Unfortunately my crappy sony digi-cam is on the fritz, so I cant post pictures.

I can say that it has the best fitment that I have ever had in any of my cars.

Going to get a new camera this week, and will post up pics.

I would highly recommend it though.

:)

I got my UVS100 on Friday and the fit is perfect on my 05 OB. I would highly recommend this sunshade. Perfect fit and its construction is more than I expected.

My timing was perfect since it appears this week it might actually get warm! :)

-S

Absolutely. These are fitted to fill your whole windshield. They won't go soft and fold over in the middle and look all bunched up either. These will block more of the heat than any that you get at a WalMart. I tried a lot of sunshades before I bought my UVS100. This one is by far the best out of everything I tried. It will last you for years versus the ones at the store that wear out after just one season. I used to live in Dallas and I know how hot the inside of the car gets. You have leather in yours and whether you are in Phoenix or Dallas you will be grateful for something that blocks the heat and all of the sun from the windshield.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived