LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B Radio information thread

Deer Killer

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckfreak http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Is it still possible to get this head unit anymore? I've tried searching some of the parts sites for the part# given in this thread, but haven't been able to find a listing any where.

From Post #148:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregnauman http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Just to let everyone know. Tristan said there were only five of these radios left in the states and he had a hard time getting one for me. He told me it may be the last new one anyone can purchase. Now there are 4 left.

The reason seems to be they need them for warranty repairs and such.

It doesnt seem like they are making them anymore.

While I appreciate you trying to help, it really doesn't:

1) That post you quoted is from 6 months ago, so I was hoping to, ya know, get some updated, recent info.

2) Who the hell is Tristan, and why would I care what one person has to say? Is he the North American Czar of Audio for Subaru of America (NACASA)? Because Bob told me that there was a Raiders of the Lost Ark sized warehouse full of them just waiting for homes.

:)

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tristan is correct. All "new" 07 radios are for warranty repair only. You can't buy them from Subaru.

I got mine from a salvage yard. Try copartfinder.com. I searched for 2007 Legacy/Outback wrecks and found one that had just been wrecked. I called them and they pulled the radio for me.

The ability to have Sirius alone was worth it to me. Having a cd player that could read mp3s was a bonus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckfreak http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Is it still possible to get this head unit anymore? I've tried searching some of the parts sites for the part# given in this thread, but haven't been able to find a listing any where.

From Post #148:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregnauman http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Just to let everyone know. Tristan said there were only five of these radios left in the states and he had a hard time getting one for me. He told me it may be the last new one anyone can purchase. Now there are 4 left.

The reason seems to be they need them for warranty repairs and such.

It doesnt seem like they are making them anymore.

While I appreciate you trying to help, it really doesn't:

1) That post you quoted is from 6 months ago, so I was hoping to, ya know, get some updated, recent info.

2) Who the hell is Tristan, and why would I care what one person has to say? Is he the North American Czar of Audio for Subaru of America (NACASA)? Because Bob told me that there was a Raiders of the Lost Ark sized warehouse full of them just waiting for homes.

Wow what a post from a Newb... Your sarcasm must reflect the disappointing news. :rolleyes:

Sorry I had to break it to ya.

Tristan is a Subaru Parts man at www.thekingofparts.com and they sell a lot of parts. He may not be the Czar but he is the KING OF PRICING.

Oh and more bad news for you looks like thekingofparts is off line for some reason.

So with that said, I dont know who Bob is either but when he gives you clearance into AREA 51 and you find the Radios (as well as the ark) let us know. ;):rolleyes:

Tristan is correct. All "new" 07 radios are for warranty repair only. You can't buy them from Subaru.

Aaahhheeeem

Witness number 2

Can I get another witness.....

All sarcasm aside I would see if you can get one of the newer harmon kardon radios to work

Thanks for assuming I'm a Newb based on post count. At least you gave me a capital "N" :p

If you could be bothered to check any stats other than a quick glance at my post count, you would see that I have been a member for over 3 years. Way to go "Senior". :rolleyes:

Aside from the condescension, THAT was an actual informative post, thanks. Now I know who the mythical Tristan is. And I also saw that that site was down--another reason I decided to post to this thread. But that would lead me to the next logical question which is...Is there anyone not named Tristan and who does not work at THE KING OF PARTS who might have any of these units? Am I to believe that because He said that there are no more, then it be so for everyone else as well?

Your sarcasm must reflect the disappointing news.
Bingo.

Aside from the condescension,

:eek:

Please reread your first post to me when I reposted post 148 for the sole purpose that you might have missed it. Notice I didnt write anything at all but the original post:

"While I appreciate you trying to help, it really doesn't:

2) Who the hell is Tristan, and why would I care what one person has to say? Is he the North American Czar of Audio for Subaru of America (NACASA)? Because Bob told me that there was a Raiders of the Lost Ark sized warehouse full of them just waiting for homes."

"But that would lead me to the next logical question which is...Is there anyone not named Tristan and who does not work at THE KING OF PARTS who might have any of these units? Am I to believe that because He said that there are no more, then it be so for everyone else as well?"

"Because Bob told me that there was a Raiders of the Lost Ark sized warehouse full of them just waiting for homes."

Wouldnt that be Bob at 1800AREA51 :lol:

Edited by Scooby2.5

I wonder if Subaru ever intends to go with a front-panel

USB port, like many of the newer head-units at Crutchfield ?

These are really nice, because you can dispense with all

those CD-MP3 discs and just put your music on the little

thumb-drives (which are getting incredibly cheap now) or

perhaps a mini-hard drive.

It'd be a nice option to retrofit such a radio into '05 or '06.

I guess it's time for a major 5-year model jump in 2010, so

if the '09s don't have it, forget it. We'll just have to hope the

JDM bezel conversion happens, or something ...

My car is in the body shop (hit by drunk driver). I gave the part number to the guy at the shop -- he made a call, they could get it -- it's on order. I should have it next week.

• 4 weeks later...
I got mine from subarugenuineparts.com for $431.67.

FWIW, I also ordered part number 86257XA10A ($14.25). It's a small box with a six pin adapter and small headphone jack.

Cheers!

-Ian

Damn, my dealer can't pull up this number, any chance you can double check it for me?

I've confrmed that the '08 Impreza aux-in kit does work since the pins are the same size. You need to release the pins from the white connector on the Aux-in harness, and move them over to the I-85 connector. On an '05 Legacy or outback, pins 1, 2, and 5 are empty on the I-85 connector, so you will only need to remove pin 6 from the I-85 connector so that you can install the pin from the aux in harness

Pin 1 - audio left (white wire)

Pin 2 - audio right (red wire)

Pin 5 - Ground (black wire)

Pin 6 - Aux enable (brown wire)

Those are the colours of the wires in the Aux-in kit harness, and the corresponding pins that you need to move them to on the I-85 connector. This allows you to have aux-in and still retain the steering wheel audio controls

I've confrmed that the '08 Impreza aux-in kit does work since the pins are the same size. You need to release the pins from the white connector on the Aux-in harness, and move them over to the I-85 connector. On an '05 Legacy or outback, pins 1, 2, and 5 are empty on the I-85 connector, so you will only need to remove pin 6 from the I-85 connector so that you can install the pin from the aux in harness

Those are the colours of the wires in the Aux-in kit harness, and the corresponding pins that you need to move them to on the I-85 connector. This allows you to have aux-in and still retain the steering wheel audio controls

I have a 2005

I orderd the Aux in box 86257XA10A Now I need to:

1. Find out if it will fit into my console in the armrest area

2. Get the wiring that goes from the radio to the Aux in box?

Do you have any information on what I need to do for these two items.

Greg

^^ Well I used the Impreza kit which has the wiring, as well as the aux in box. I'm still trying to find a place to mount it, most likely I will mount it in the centre console. PArt number is in this document http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/downloadFree.jsp?doc_id=190308 Edited by blue dragon

All you need for wiring is shielded audio cable. I have a lot of it if you want I can sell you some. Personally I wouldn't bother with the Subaru Aux jacks because I have no idea where you will be able to mount it. The aux jacks from radioshack are very small and have a nice threaded bezel for easy mounting.

All you need for wiring is shielded audio cable. I have a lot of it if you want I can sell you some. Personally I wouldn't bother with the Subaru Aux jacks because I have no idea where you will be able to mount it. The aux jacks from radioshack are very small and have a nice threaded bezel for easy mounting.

My big problem was finding the correct size pins though. I couldn't steal from existing ones because I wanted steering wheel controls too.

Can someone post a DIY (with pictures) on this install. I am very interested, especially since it will provide the AUX IN along with the STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS.

• 1 month later...